Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question Ultrex on a 619 ???

Ok, who has or install an Ulterx on 619???? This would be after the fact.....have not pulled the trigger but starting to think about getting one.....i currently have the MG Tour 82 (24V).....been reading that the holes between the two will line up, also saw a while back that i would have to have thick spacer to raise TM up to clear the shroud.....i guess the next question, will my cover still fit with an Ultrex??? If i pull the trigger it would be the Non Link 24v 45" shaft.......trying to get some insight so i can think about things....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    What's a 'non link'?
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

45" shaft, your cover should fit and you won't need a spacer. It will be the best thing you could add to the boat.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The "non link" doesnt link up with with HB units.......oh and does the foot pedal fit in the recessed tray....
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 12-15-2017 at 09:11 PM.

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Foot pedal should fit. I believe all Phoenix recessed trays are the same.
    You will probably have to stow the Ultrex with prop blades out for cover to fit.
    The bullet end of motor sticks out too far if stowed with prop in. I've read the same for other guys on here.

Best upgrade you'll make!

6. Member
    It will be the best upgrade youll make to your boat but i thought when converting from mg to mk the holes dont line up. I could be wrong but you may have to drill some new holes
    They aint got hands, set the hook

7. 2012 619 w/ 200 SHO
    I have one on my 619, cover doesn't fit right but I store with prop blades in. I could try the other way but then I would have to re-route my TD cable and the boat stays in garage anyways.

You should not have to drill any holes. I installed one on a Basscat that previously had MG trolling motor and there were holes that line up. If you remove the plastic side pc on the Ultrex bracket there are more holes in the bracket. Once you get it mounted just put the plastic pc back on and it will cover the bolts.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Kellisag!!! The boat stays in my shop 24/7 so i just throw the cover to keep dust off but i use it if i take a road trip somewhere which is about 5% of the time when i fish......worst case i have a upholstery shop next to my office, i could always bring it there to modify or add a strap or two to make it work....

As for the holes, thats what i was told, should be able to use the existing ones and if not to seal them up....

Should be ordering it in the next week or two.

Appreciate the info....