Thread: Best place

Best place

Looking for a new prop. As a bunch of you told me that my trophy would throw a blade. Well after 13 years and a little tweeking over the years my prop is a little lighter on one side now. I think I am going to bite the Bullet(HA HA) and look at a new pro max. I am sure some of you prop addicts can point me in the right direction. Also do they come with holes or do I have to have that done? I am still open to a used one in 26p.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    I have a 28 promax on my 21xd and really like it as a play prop. Also run a bravo1 and use it for fishing. It has a better hole shot.
    Bass Cat Puma

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Looking for a new prop. As a bunch of you told me that my trophy would throw a blade. Well after 13 years and a little tweeking over the years my prop is a little lighter on one side now. I think I am going to bite the Bullet(HA HA) and look at a new pro max. I am sure some of you prop addicts can point me in the right direction. Also do they come with holes or do I have to have that done? I am still open to a used one in 26p.

I have not been around the prop game for some time but I do know Rothwell Marine (board sponsor) has some competitive prop prices and they know Bullets as well for tweaks and tips

4. Member
    The PM comes with 4 PVS holes. I have a 1.87 gear and run a 23 PM for fishing with no holes open and a 26 PM for play, but keep in mind I also have no rev limiter.
    The 26 I added 4 more PVS but only run 6 open, (2 in the rear are closed), for my best holeshot.
    The PM will also run about an inch stiffer than a Trophy Plus!
    Also as stated the B-1 will have a better holeshot but IMO the PM is best all around and definitely after yer on plane!
    Good Luck!!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

5. Member
    Try a Signature Eagle 4, that's what I run most of the time, either a 26 or a 28p, I had a 2004 21XDC with a 2005 250XS with a sporty with 1:62 gears, both props ran great

6. Member
    For all around everyday fishing my vote is the bravo or a turbo txp 0t4.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

7. Member
    Promax prop run alright. I’m not a huge fan.
    Hydromotive QIV-X-OB
    performer BC 4

those would be the 2 props I’d be looking at with your rig.

8. Member
    I think I better give a little more info on my rig since I am getting great starting points on my vague question about a prop. I have a 21xd with a 2005 Merc xs 1:62 . I have a torque master gear case. I have slowed way down on tourney fishing so most of my fishing loads are lighter. I am ok with a little slower hole shot and would like a little more on top. Thanks guys you all are a big help. This at least gives me starting points. The prior responses I have read about the Promax sounded good for my fishing needs just based on what I have read n here on a few other places.
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 12-18-2017 at 11:28 AM.

9. Member
    Call the Hill's about the Signatures, if you don't like it they will swap with you

10. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Have you ever tried a Bravo 1 XS? That is one of the most popular props we sell for your combo.

11. Member
    [QUOTE=marty92xrd;8938802]Have you ever tried a Bravo 1 XS? That is one of the most popular props we sell for your combo.[/QUOTE

No I have not. From what I have read I thought the bravos were a little better on hole shot and the promax was better on mid and top. I was looking for better mid and top. I am still open to any option.