1 year in my Z20 Nitro

One year in to my Z20 and I can tell you I'm more than pleased with the performance and fisibility and it is faster and more fun to drive than the Ranger I sold before this boat. Always had Rangers or Skeeters before this boat but I like this boat just as much and will buy another one. Going fishing today here in Florida on the anniversary. 74 and beautiful. Happy Holidays.

Nice. Keep enjoying it. My buddies and I chuckle when we’re in 12” of water with rocks everywhere “I wouldn’t do this with a expensive ranger” my 2015 z8 does everything I want for less money and I seriously love how nitro boats are set up for storage including the rear bins! Let’s me swap out to one he species in seconds.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Craig congratulations, save me a few fish

Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    One year in to my Z20 and I can tell you I'm more than pleased with the performance and fisibility and it is faster and more fun to drive than the Ranger I sold before this boat. Always had Rangers or Skeeters before this boat but I like this boat just as much and will buy another one. Going fishing today here in Florida on the anniversary. 74 and beautiful. Happy Holidays.

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

4. Member
    Got a summer under my belt in mine as well. Very pleased with the overall performance and fishability. I love the deck layout and the ride is better than I had imagined. I was on the fence with my purchase as I was considering a ranger as well. I saved a boat load of money and have exactly what I wanted. If you took the stickers off the side and just went fishing I bet majority of bass boats on the water would be the new nitros. Hope to have many more seasons out of it!
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

5. Member
    It's been one year as well and I'm absolutely amazed in every aspect of my Nitro Z20. The plane speed, how low the bow rises on launch, deck space, electronics mounting options, interior storage, storage layout, ergonomics for 2, ride in rough water, trolling stability in chop, super easy access in the battery compartment, the massive cooler space, the transom doesnt sag in the water like some other boats do,
    no splash well design which means you don't have to blip the throttle when you come off plane, maneuverability, and hull performance.

The few things I wasn't really a fan of were the built in rod holder and the height placement of the seats.

The seat width is a personal gripe since I have a smaller frame so I slide around in the seat a lot.

Also depending on the type of chop, it does ride a bit wet.

Flaws include someone at the factory didn't set the tachometer right, didnt screw in the strut rods all the way in for the lids, and one of the rod locker led strips wasnt illuminating correctly.

All in all this is wonderful boat that's well worth it. I'd say johnny morris hit a homerun with the redesign.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

Surely you guys have to be joking, a Nitro couldn't possible be a decent boat, after all its not a Ranger.

7. Member
    I’m about 15 months in on mine, and I too am very happy with the boat, as well as the good folks at Angler’s Choice Marine. I’m also very happy to have the $22K price difference still in my bank account.
    Last edited by That4car; 01-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5dinkbass View Post
    It's been one year as well and I'm absolutely amazed in every aspect of my Nitro Z20. The plane speed, how low the bow rises on launch, deck space, electronics mounting options, interior storage, storage layout, ergonomics for 2, ride in rough water, trolling stability in chop, super easy access in the battery compartment, the massive cooler space, the transom doesnt sag in the water like some other boats do,
    no splash well design which means you don't have to blip the throttle when you come off plane, maneuverability, and hull performance.

The few things I wasn't really a fan of were the built in rod holder and the height placement of the seats.

The seat width is a personal gripe since I have a smaller frame so I slide around in the seat a lot.

Also depending on the type of chop, it does ride a bit wet.

Flaws include someone at the factory didn't set the tachometer right, didnt screw in the strut rods all the way in for the lids, and one of the rod locker led strips wasnt illuminating correctly.

All in all this is wonderful boat that's well worth it. I'd say johnny morris hit a homerun with the redesign.

I noticed on the 18s they changed the struts, on 16 and 17s the rod locker struts will vibrate loose and fall off. Easy to put back on but not something u want to do every few months. seat height was also addressed in 17s. Been very happy with mine will be ordering a 19 in June, if i can sell my current boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I noticed on the 18s they changed the struts, on 16 and 17s the rod locker struts will vibrate loose and fall off. Easy to put back on but not something u want to do every few months. seat height was also addressed in 17s. Been very happy with mine will be ordering a 19 in June, if i can sell my current boat.

Im sure a dab of locktite would help, though the threading is actually plastic, don't know why anyone would want that on such a stressing part.

Yeah with the seats, when I bought mine (dealer boat) i upgraded the passenger seat with the adjustable bracket, problem was they wouldnt sell me a 16 bracket and sold me the 17+ bracket so I am stuck with two out of place height seats.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

Quote Originally Posted by 5dinkbass View Post
    Im sure a dab of locktite would help, though the threading is actually plastic, don't know why anyone would want that on such a stressing part.

Yeah with the seats, when I bought mine (dealer boat) i upgraded the passenger seat with the adjustable bracket, problem was they wouldnt sell me a 16 bracket and sold me the 17+ bracket so I am stuck with two out of place height seats.
    hmmmmm mine is metal. maybe we are not talking about the same thing. I thought about it too, but alas it is just not that big of deal for me to remember when I get home and or actually go outside and do it.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team