Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Won some money from a 16" Panfish special in 1989-1990. This would be a nice boat for High Schools to buy and fish tournys from. You could get a half dozen for one High end boat price. Crazy what a 19-20 bass boat cost now. This was refreshing to me. Wish i was well off enough to buy one for our lake camp.

2. Member
    I am not an expert on the marine industry but I work in an industry that is very similar in selling product through a dealer channel. JM is trying to hit on one of a manufactures biggest challenges and that is capturing a first time buyer. Once he has captured a first time buyer they are 80% more likely to make future purchases in his brand. His Margins may not be great on this entry level boat but it is a long term play. This is a play to capture those customers and then move them into higher dollar units when the time to upgrade. I am sure he see's the progression from the Vintage Tracker->Nitro z18->Triton or Ranger and keeping that customer. He is doing an incredible job on capturing market share and he should be applauded. I am sure he also has a very heavy focus on boosting service levels as well. As previously mentioned I am sure this will be a number 1 seller for high school and college fishing teams

3. Member
    This would be a great boat for someone who has a pontoon for the family, but wants a easier boat to take a kid or friend fishing, or even if they wanted to fish by themselves.

Just the fact that it will allow many to enjoy fishing with their own rig at a great price point and able to take a kid fishing.....teach a kid to fish and ...

But but everyone here pays cash... remember! lol

6. Member
    I Look at it like this.. If you wanted a beater boat for pre-fishing and bumping around and was in the market for a used one, you would spend about half that or more to get something that you don't have to work on all the time. New boat, new motor, for around 10K .. Not too shabby.

7. Member
    Just as a comparison...but a 16 foot lund fury with a 25 hp tiller is at about the same price point....10k..with current rebates.....and that is no electronics or a TM...I don't know how he can sell that for 10k...
    The only thing that throws a red flag up for me at first glance is the live well is only 9 gallons....That is not big enough for 2 limits IMHO....Also the 6 gallon fuel capacity...I wonder if you can easily add another portable tank...
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 12-15-2017 at 03:43 PM.

8. Member
    I just left basspro and saw it in person! It was honestly nice. I'm away on business so i cant post photos. I can email or text them if somebody can help.

Overall i loved the retro look. The carpet felt nice. The seats felt nice. The front deck storage was kinda small but the rear deck storage could hold a small child. The plastic fenders had a retro style and felt strong. The trailer looked strong.

Only thing i didn't like some welds looked unprofessional. Im sure they were adequate but not visually pleasing.

9. Member
    I have a 18.3 CC tracker with a 90 merc and a 16 stick steer Bass tracker with a 30 johnson. Love my boats. I want a 17 with a 40 merc.

10. Member
    Sweet little rig with a nice price to boot! Hope they sell a pile of them

That's a nice rig for sure and for less money than some on here have in electronics on their boats . A must have for college teams , then they could fishwithuot begging for sponsors .

12. Member
    I'm reading here and seeing comments about being a good beginners boat or kids boat....

how many 20 year olds y'all know? A kid nowadays don't want this kind of rig.. they want a brand new 21 footer (insert whatever brand) because it's what they see pros in...

my son is 24 and he works hard and makes great money working construction but driving a 2015 loaded Silverado, $1,400/month apartment, wife, 2 babies equals no money left to buy the 21 foot Phoenix he thinks he can afford and use on his 1 day off...

13. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by pureoil313 View Post
    I am not an expert on the marine industry but I work in an industry that is very similar in selling product through a dealer channel. JM is trying to hit on one of a manufactures biggest challenges and that is capturing a first time buyer. Once he has captured a first time buyer they are 80% more likely to make future purchases in his brand. His Margins may not be great on this entry level boat but it is a long term play. This is a play to capture those customers and then move them into higher dollar units when the time to upgrade. I am sure he see's the progression from the Vintage Tracker->Nitro z18->Triton or Ranger and keeping that customer. He is doing an incredible job on capturing market share and he should be applauded. I am sure he also has a very heavy focus on boosting service levels as well. As previously mentioned I am sure this will be a number 1 seller for high school and college fishing teams
    I think a guy named Henry Ford did that with the Model T. Worked out good for him. Except his kid bought the Detroit Lions. Can't win them all.

14. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    That's a nice rig for sure and for less money than some on here have in electronics on their boats . A must have for college teams , then they could fishwithuot begging for sponsors .
    I bet College Kids could get Go Fund Me or sponsor money to buy a couple of them. But there parents may object to little Johnny fishing from such a primitive boat.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt E. View Post
    They went old school on the entire rig. Brown cowed the carpet. But it will get some people out on the water in a starter rig.
    Looks like the Bass tracker I,II from late 70s early 80s.

16. Member
    Thats awesome

17. Member
    Awesome boat at a fantastic price. Plus cover??? Unbelievable.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Just as a comparison...but a 16 foot lund fury with a 25 hp tiller is at about the same price point....10k..with current rebates.....and that is no electronics or a TM...I don't know how he can sell that for 10k...
    The only thing that throws a red flag up for me at first glance is the live well is only 9 gallons....That is not big enough for 2 limits IMHO....Also the 6 gallon fuel capacity...I wonder if you can easily add another portable tank...

Thats a 40 4stroke isn't it?

Im running a 17-56 aluminum semi vee with a 4stroke Yamaha 70, and I can run all over south Louisiana at 35mph twice and burn less than 12 gallons... if you burn 6 gallons with that 40, you're not doing much fishing..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post

Im running a 17-56 aluminum semi vee with a 4stroke Yamaha 70, and I can run all over south Louisiana at 35mph twice and burn less than 12 gallons... if you burn 6 gallons with that 40, you're not doing much fishing..
    That's the truth. I've fished three days out of my RT188 with a 115 4S running all over Guntersville with two people on the boat and hardly burned ten gallons of gas. I've done it on two different occasions. You should have no problem with range on that new little Tracker with 6 gallons.

Yes it's a 40 4S
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 12-15-2017 at 05:48 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post

Im running a 17-56 aluminum semi vee with a 4stroke Yamaha 70, and I can run all over south Louisiana at 35mph twice and burn less than 12 gallons... if you burn 6 gallons with that 40, you're not doing much fishing.. I did about a 35 mile round trip yesterday on about 5 gallons...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast