Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I think I know what I thought you said, however I don't think you have thought through what I'm thinking. besides that under thinking can cause dum thoughts. That's what I think !!!

EXACTLY!

2. Member
    Welp, Being the tightwad, ingenious Red Neck as I am and having both the tools and the knowledge.....My bunks are all 2x6 and I'm considering buying enough of this vinyl rain gutter down spout for a cover on my current bunks.
    They are vinyl and can be cut lengthwise, end to end to form 2- L shaped sections which can be attached by SS screws into to the sides of the bunks and installed over my existing carpet for padding. I figure to cut them where there's a small gap between'em for a little more room for drainage.
    Total Cost....$26.94....so if it doesn't work out to suit me what have I lost!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by QuickBullet; 01-01-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

3. mikesxpress

Been tried before. Slick and will scratch the hull. Post pictures in a few weeks.

4. Member
    It looks like to me that both Gatorbaks and the Wraps are also slick and could scratch the hull so what's the difference?
    All 3 are a poly/vinyl type material.

5. mikesxpress
    No the Gatorbak bunks are not slick and are not made with said material.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickBullet View Post
    Welp, Being the tightwad, ingenious Red Neck as I am and having both the tools and the knowledge.....My bunks are all 2x6 and I'm considering buying enough of this vinyl rain gutter down spout for a cover on my current bunks.
    They are vinyl and can be cut lengthwise, end to end to form 2- L shaped sections which can be attached by SS screws into to the sides of the bunks and installed over my existing carpet for padding. I figure to cut them where there's a small gap between'em for a little more room for drainage.
    Total Cost....$26.94....so if it doesn't work out to suit me what have I lost!

I went with the vinyl fence post a little more money but worth it.

There are very large differences between Gatorbak and other brands of bunk covers. If you would like a Sample to make a comparison with Please contact me and we would be very happy to send you one. We can help with any other questions you may have as well.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanmeter View Post
    There are very large differences between Gatorbak and other brands of bunk covers. If you would like a Sample to make a comparison with Please contact me and we would be very happy to send you one. We can help with any other questions you may have as well.
    PM sent with no reply?

Quote Originally Posted by QuickBullet View Post
    PM sent with no reply?
    PM Sent, Apologies for the delay, Was away from the office and did not get a notification that a PM had been sent from BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post

Been tried before. Slick and will scratch the hull. Post pictures in a few weeks.
    How much stock do you have in this company? Just curious.

11. Member
    Reviving an old thread!!
    I never did try the vinyl as I got a good deal on the GB's.
    After almost 2 years on'em I can truthfully comment as far as "My" Personal Opinion!
    Pros:
    They are really sharp looking and probably good for your hull as well.
    Cons:
    You will have to learn how to load your boat all over again and in ways you've never had to deal with....especially if you launch by yourself more than with a partner.
    They are so sticky that the boat/trailer has to be almost at a perfect depth to load and unload. If you're the least bit too shallow you can't power on or off the trailer but yet when the slightest bit too deep and it's out'a there before you know it. If you're by yourself, NEVER back in with the winch strap undone!!!
    If you're used to loading and then walking to the front to attach the winch strap then all this will change as well as more than not it will slip back down the trailer before you can hook up. At the "perfect depth" it will stick just enough to hold and then you can hook up and winch up.
    Of course on perfect calm water and a ramp that's the right level for your trailer, it can be managed fairly easy, however throw in high wind, waves and a ramp that doesn't have the incline you need and it is a pain!!!
    Also forget using your winch unless the hull and bunks almost totally wet.
    I will have carpet again in the future unless you start getting a fishing partner to go with the bunks!!

20180612_185301.jpg
    20180612_185318.jpg

12. Member
    Well that makes me wanna rethink things
    Nitro z21

13. Member
    I tried them on my aluminum boat and used them a few times. They are now gone. QuickBullet hit the nail on the head plus throw in launching and loading on a steady flowing river as another degree of difficulty.
    Last edited by USMC2112; 10-04-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Typo
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

14. mikesxpress
    My personal experience with a 2009 Ranger Z21 Intracoastal:
    The generation 1 bunks no power loading and the newer XP bunks power loaded with 1/3 of the long center bunks out of the water. I use multiple brackish/saltwater ramps that experience +/- 3' of tidal drop/rise during my trips so launching/loading is different each time.

Gen 1 bunks

XP BUNKS

15. Member
    I have Gatorbaks on my 619 trailer and I launch and load by myself all the time, and I'm 74 yrs old. I've been pleased with mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123