Flush Mount a bow graph on the Z521L

All,

Anyone have hands on experience with flush mounting a bow Humminbird graph on the Z521L or 2017 Z521C? Is there a lot of sun glare? Or is a gimble mount the better way to go?

Thanks,

Scott

2. Banned
    Im gonna try the flush...then if it doesn't work switch it out...figure the design change must be for a reason

3. Member
    I flush mounted a HDS-12 on 2016 520..... only issue I ran into was during rain or water from the waves it effected the touch screen, had to lock out the touch screen under those circumstances.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    You can try the flush mount but for me it was tipped away to far. I installed a BassBoatTech Mount and absolutely love it, it's adjustable and higher up so easier to see. Plus on the new L boats, ranger turned the units, so now van's new mount adjust for that and square it up to the user.

5. Member
    The L model bow mount area is angled to make more space to accommodate larger screen sizes (12") to be flush mounted.

Initially I had a helix 10 flush mounted on my Z521C and didn't have any issues with glare or viewing, but since I went to two graphs anyways I went with the precision sonar mount. I think you'd be happier with a Precision or bbt mount but flush mount isn't necessarily terrible by any means.