Voltage question

I am adding a 1199 to the front of my boat. I already had a 600 series unit up there and just used the existing power cord. I also already have a 999 installed. The 999 is getting 11 or so volts and the new 1199 is 9.9 to 10.5 volts.

Is this too low? thanks for the answers in advance.

2. Banned
    Check your Battery Voltage see if it's good. what size wire are they hooked to? Are they hooked to the Boat wires 0r do you have them Hooked to self run circuits?

3. Member
    You need to have over 12 volts to the unit to start with. If you are not getting over 12 you have a problem somewhere. Like river said start with the battery charged and start with the battery then the unit. You should see no more than a .2 volt difference between the 2.
    Your wire may be too small and or bad connections. Bob

4. Member
    I am hooked to existing wires that have already been run. I will recheck the connections.

5. Member
    I am thinking about running my own dedicated wires to the front. Not looking forward to running new ones but I guess I may have no choice.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djreese View Post
    I am thinking about running my own dedicated wires to the front. Not looking forward to running new ones but I guess I may have no choice.
    That would be the best.I have my helix 10's on each there own circuit with 10 ga wire fused at the battery no voltage problem.

7. Member
    That's the plan

8. Banned
    That's the plan
    Forgot to say I also cut my 2 power cables down to 2' length.

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Easiest way is to tape your new wire at the bow to existing wires after you cut them off (and disconnect) then pull the new wire to the back.

Go heavy, #10 is the size I generally use - especially for a bow unit.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/