Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblue1122 View Post
    They are tough as nails also....I tore down my tank once when I moved...As I was netting the other fish..my pleco must have got scared and jumped out of the tank and I didn't see it....it landed behind the table I had my tank on..on a Hotrod Magazine...I found it about 30 minutes later...stiff as a board...dropped him back in the water and he swam off!!!!must have had him for another 3 or 4 years...
    Can confirm! Similar story, though not quite as "dry" and over a much longer period.

I had an aquarium that I'd had for YEARS. There was an angelfish in it the was at least 12 years old. One morning I woke up to find the tank empty, my 12+ year old angelfish laying dead on the mostly dry rocks. The tank had sprung a leak overnight. I was pretty disappointed about that one.

I flushed the angelfish and sort of forgot about it. A few days later, I purchased another aquarium with plans to start again. I set it up, and started scooping rocks from the old into the new before adding water. It was at this time that I was reminded that the angelfish wasn't the only fish in the other aquarium, and that in my disappointment over losing that fish and my old aquarium I forgot about that. I found the pleco I had in there under buried a layer of rocks, still a little damp. I dropped him into the toilet and was just about to flush him when he started swimming around! I fished him out, and he lived for several years in the new aquarium.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

It's a pleco, had this one for the last 12 years .bought him about an 2 inches long now he's almost a foot

3. Member
    They are those little bitty sucker catfish that you see in aquariums. They get big and people dump them in creeks and lakes. They flourish in power plant lakes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123