Thread: Transom failure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaGambler View Post
    Ex NFL lineman wont fit under Gambler console that's a pretty good reason You people read these post and they seem to go right over your head
    Doesn't go right over my head, there's plenty of big fellas in this world, they operate a variety of boats.

2. Member
    I have only seen one transom failure on a ranger. It was on a 2006 and it was babied. Hewas leaving one day after a tournament and his motor was bouncing all over the place.

3. Member
    I have a picture of a Ranger I came across on Boone Lake here in east TN. The whole end of the setback is missing and still bolted to the motor which was hanging by the cables under water. The driver said he didn't hit anything , that it just ripped out while he was running down the lake. I haven't been able to post pics. after photo bucket messed everything up so if one of you guys could post it I'll e-mail it or text it to you.

4. Member
    I remember someone posted a pic of a Gambler(quite a while back)that showed the boat tied to the dock with the motor/transom laying on the rear deck. Any boat built can have issues particular to that boat , not all the boats of a particular brand.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmess View Post
    I remember someone posted a pic of a Gambler(quite a while back)that showed the boat tied to the dock with the motor/transom laying on the rear deck. Any boat built can have issues particular to that boat , not all the boats of a particular brand.
    I know the pic you are referring to, that was my old boat... transom didn’t fail, the Jack Plate broke and motor fell off...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    Major bummer either way!

7. Member
    It would be a bad day if my motor fell off. Also I wasn't trying to put down Ranger boats, That just happens to be the only transom failure I have ever personally seen. My old boat before I got my Gambler was a Ranger and it was a solid ride and if I hadn't of found my Gambler when I did I would still be in it. There was a guy hit a log during a tournament blastoff in a Triton 4 or 5 years ago. He was doing 70 mph when he hit and it destroyed the motor mount and yoke section of the motor. It flipped around and put a line of gashes in the back deck and rear corner of the boat but the transom was not damaged. Luckily the motor didn't hit either of the fishermen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12