Thread: G2 Hotfoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sure is amusing to read all of the responses from guys that don't have this hotfoot telling us guys that have them on how we should be driving them. I have the bulkhead mount and i am telling you that there is no way you can control it when driving in very rough water. As the other guys on here that have the bulkhead have responded, you have to switch to hand throttle. The floor mounted ones might be different, but i can't comment on those because i don't have one!
    Pool 10

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Sure is amusing to read all of the responses from guys that don't have this hotfoot telling us guys that have them on how we should be driving them. I have the bulkhead mount and i am telling you that there is no way you can control it when driving in very rough water. As the other guys on here that have the bulkhead have responded, you have to switch to hand throttle. The floor mounted ones might be different, but i can't comment on those because i don't have one!
    I was responding to the OP's question for assistance. I certainly was not looking, nor asking for, any condescending remarks. If you don't like the advice, simply move on.

M

I like the foot pedal...No complaints here...

Here is a pic of the floor mount. For those of you that are repowering an older boat, beware that it might not fit under your console. It's tall!

It wouldn't fit in my boat so I had to get creative...

I can brace my foot against the side of the boat to steady the pedal but I've found that I kinda like cruising nice and easy with the CSM. I think the sensitivity problem is accentuated by the G2 because it's such a torque monster! And... with my old 225 and original hotfoot, I could just keep the pedal mashed to the floor to smooth out any foot movement. 65-67 tops. No big deal. Now, if I floor it, it's close to 80. A totally different animal.

I can see where some installations are going to be more and some installations are going to be less prone to this particular problem.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Excellent pics! Really helpful to this thread.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Yes , I agree . Thanks very much for the pics and great info.

I think Rodney’s got a boat pretty much like yours. If he says his has worked out fine, then I think you can relax. Rodney’s a good dude.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    I guess it’s the deference in how folks drive, my 2018 will be my fourth G2 and Ky gets as rough as any lake in the country, just a matter of getting use to something new!!!

9. Member
    Amen. I hope this thread dies a quick death very soon. I started it just to get help to determine if not than one style of foot throttle was available for the G2. Mission was accomplished.

10. Member
    I just got my new 521L with a 250 G2 and I used to struggle with my digital foot pedal in rough water. BRP just came out with a new "Box" that mounts on a hotfoot slide and allows you to brace your foot against the wall of the device and allows more control. I like it much better

11. Member
    Brady, can you send me pics or info on it. My boat has not started build as of today. I may be able to get a change out before my boat is delivered. Is this the same setup you had on your C boat?... Thanks, John

12. Member
    I have run one for almost a year. Keep switching back and fourth depending on conditions.. If I had to pick one I would have to go with the hand throttle. Foot is just to sensitive for me in rough water but a lot faster reaction time with the foot.

13. Member
    I think the key is in rough water you can switch back to hand throttle. It took me a little bit of time to get used to the new foot throttle. But, once I did, I really like how responsive it is! If you slide it back farther and brace your foot against the side of the boat under the console it's easy to control. Loving my G2!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12