Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Do not put 2 stroke or oil in the diesel when you refill it. It’s not a old 12v or 5.9. You’ll be very lucky if you didn’t mess the entire fuel system up as you know. Change every single filter, oil and fuel and drain entire system. You need to get everything out that has came in contact with the gas. With filters open/off(after putting new oil in), turn key to run fuel pump to get all gas out of lines. Once entire system is “empty”, put 2-5gal of diesel in and run that through lines/ system before starting. Once done, fill up diesel tank and put entire bottle of diesel Kleen in tank and pray. Run it for about 5 min. If doesn’t run right, immediately turn it off and tow to dealer.
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCM View Post
    If yer color blind, it won't help, but the 1st thing I did when I got my old 12v cummins several years back, was buy a green gas cap to remind me it's not gas.....got it from Genos Garage.
    I did this and it even has diesel written on it.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Where's Roger Rose when you need him...

Paging GhostComanche...
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    I always know I have the correct one cause it’s the nastiest and greasiest pump handle out of all of them.
    Ain't that the truth, as well as some diesel always being spilled on the ground to drag back in the truck.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

It's really not that complicated, it's a freaking gas pump. Almost every pump around here has the gas and diesel right next to each other but like someone else stated you have to grab the wrong nozzle and hit the wrong button. Too many people trying to talk on their phone and pump gas, not paying attention, so I'm sure that contributes to a few mistakes. I will never say never but if I do this I might just have to stop driving because something is wrong. Going by the color of the handle can definitely lead you down the wrong path, some are green and some are yellow around here. Yellow is also used for the E85 or whatever it is. Best of luck to the OP, hopefully it's a cheap fix.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345