Minn Kota Ultrex question

Looking at purchasing a Minn Kota Ultrex with the i-pilot link and bluetooth. Do i have to have a humminbird unit or can it be ran off the new remote it comes with and use all the features. Thanks for you help.

2. Member
    Without using a Humminbird unit, you will definitely lose Follow the Contour for sure and believe Circle mode also. Also limits storage of Nav data on the TM (waypoints, tracks).
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    The IPilot Link connects to Humminbird Ethernet ready depth finders. If you're not running, and don't intend to start running Humminbirds then you don't need the Link, just the IPilot. The remote that comes with it runs the features through the remote, however on the Link it also uses the Lakemaster mapping with the humminbird to give the ability to follow more tracks and trails, ability to create contour lines and the ability to follow contour lines as well as a larger selection of waypoints. All this is done with the Humminbird. The IPilot gives you spotlock, a navigate to, constant all with either the footpedal or the remote. With the remote, you also get the ability to store some waypoints, tracks, and trails as well as a jog feature.
    Hope this helps and if I can help, give me a call.
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Well that pretty much sums it up for me. Will just stick with Xi5

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I'm a die hard Lowrance user and I will NEVER go back to a traditional TM ever again. I bought the Ipilot version and I can use spotlock, spotlock jog, navigate, and allwith the remote or pedal. The only advantage to having the I-pilot Link (with a humminbird) is that it will follow contour lines on a lakemaster map and I believe waypoint sharing.

You're not understanding that you still get a full function Ipilot remote with the Ultrex just not the one that does the contour lines and waypoints features. Go out on the water with someone running Lowrance or anything other than humminbird and see how functional the TM is and I promise you will go right home an yank that Xi5 right off your bow!!! I did!!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    Do not have Birds on my boat but have the Ultrex best boating accessory ever
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    I'm a die hard Lowrance user and I will NEVER go back to a traditional TM ever again. I bought the Ipilot version and I can use spotlock, spotlock jog, navigate, and allwith the remote or pedal. The only advantage to having the I-pilot Link (with a humminbird) is that it will follow contour lines on a lakemaster map and I believe waypoint sharing.

You're not understanding that you still get a full function Ipilot remote with the Ultrex just not the one that does the contour lines and waypoints features. Go out on the water with someone running Lowrance or anything other than humminbird and see how functional the TM is and I promise you will go right home an yank that Xi5 right off your bow!!! I did!!!

He already has all the functions with his xi5.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    tmg, you are correct.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    The only advantages you'll have over the Xi5 (if you want to call them advantages) is the different designed footpedal, the way the trollingmotors mount to the boat deck, and the method of stow/deploy.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    The only advantages you'll have over the Xi5 (if you want to call them advantages) is the different designed footpedal, the way the trollingmotors mount to the boat deck, and the method of stow/deploy.
    and better steering control with the foot pedal :)