Solix/Onix Transducer Compatibility

I have an Onix 10 CI SI & want to add a Solix 12 Chirp Mega SI to the console & move the Onix to the trolling motor. This will require that I purchase a SI trolling motor transducer which I currently do not have. I believe an Onix transducer will work on a Solix unit excluding the mega, but will a Solix Chirp Mega SI transducer work on an Onix SI unit excluding the mega capability? If I buy a Solix transducer for the Onix, I can later upgrade the bow trolling motor head unit to a Solix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nwifishnut View Post
    I have an Onix 10 CI SI & want to add a Solix 12 Chirp Mega SI to the console & move the Onix to the trolling motor. This will require that I purchase a SI trolling motor transducer which I currently do not have. I believe an Onix transducer will work on a Solix unit excluding the mega, but will a Solix Chirp Mega SI transducer work on an Onix SI unit excluding the mega capability? If I buy a Solix transducer for the Onix, I can later upgrade the bow trolling motor head unit to a Solix.
    No you don't need to purchase a trolling motor transducer for the ONIX SI, you just need a trolling motor mount to do so.
    Two choices:
    https://www.humminbird.com/Products/AD-TM-14/

http://www.transducershieldandsaver....uct/tm-onix-1/ this one or the 2 if you have the RD transducer.

The SOLIX SI transom transducer can be used on the transom or trolling motor with a trolling motor mount.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Wayne,

Thanks