Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Testosterone treatment question

How long does it take to feel a difference? I got my shot this morning after the test showed my level at 118. Sad part is that test was done at 7am when the level is highest for the day.

2. Member
    A friend of mine said it took him several hours to start to feel the effects. But his levels were so low he was producing estrogen and his doctor had to raise his dosage to "get over the hump" so to speak.
    Hi Mike.

What's your dose and frequency?

As far as the estrogen thing mentioned above, makes prodcuce both. Estrogen in men actually plays vital rolls in libido, joint health, mood etc. It's keeping both the testosterone and Estrogen in therapeutic ranges that's the tricky part because everyone is different.

Blood serum levels peak within 24 hours post injection. What they peak too is dose dependent and what they cause your estrogen to do when it peaks is different with everyones chemistry. Keep an eye on hematocrit and all hormone levels. You should feel better within a month once your body adjust. Diet and excercise works synergistically with hormone therapy. Don't overlook it.
    Last edited by thomasfouraker; 12-14-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    2001 Mercury Optimax 225
    0T344965
    2000 Mercury ELPTO 125
    0T072885

it takes longer than several hours to start feeling test. In his mind it may have had some sort of placebo effect and made him think he was feeling better but no test is fast acting like that. In all likelihood it'll take a couple weeks minimum to start feeling any difference.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    it takes longer than several hours to start feeling test. In his mind it may have had some sort of placebo effect and made him think he was feeling better but no test is fast acting like that. In all likelihood it'll take a couple weeks minimum to start feeling any difference.
    All I know is what I was told. I'm not on it.
    Hi Mike.

6. Banned
    A shot every two weeks@1.5 then another blood test to fine tune it.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    A shot every two weeks@1.5 then another blood test to fine tune it.
    Depending on the form of testosterone given will dictate how long the before the effects are felt. Most injectable forms of test (enethate,cypionate,etc) are oil based and therefore take longer to his the blood stream yet there effects last longer. The different Esters I spoke about will also determine how long the test will last in your body, the Cypionate which is what is commonly prescribed is middle of the road on how long it metabolizes in the body. There is a form of illegal testosterone (the name slips my mind now) that combines 5 different esters and last up to 3 weeks in the body. Now on the other side, gel and foam type TRT effects are felt almost instantly after applying because the are water based they are absorbed much more rapidly, however the effects are short lived (usually a day or so) so these need to be applied daily.

**** Please ask your physician to cut your dose in half and administer it every week, its the same amount going in to the body but the increased frequency will help with the ups and downs associated with TRT
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

8. Member
    It took a couple days for me to start feeling energized. my level was 111 when I started. I am in my early 30's have been on it for a year. I do 1/2 cc 1x a week also take a estrogen blocker. I have always thought myself to have a athletic build. I am 6' and weigh 195lbs. My doc stays on me about losing weight. I cut out soda, potatoes, and pasta to help with the weight loss. Not real sure if age will have an effect on how long it takes to feel better.

9. Banned
    42 5'11" 230lbs
    I cut out soda a couple months ago and lost a little weight but, with the amount of coffee I drink with cream and sugar I am probably taking in the about the same amount of sugar. Working 60+ hours a week all year so far I found myself just being a slug after work. Wrote it as being worn out from the hours. My father has been on testosterone treatments for years and talking me into looking into it. My father said the best way is to get everything stabilized then get the pellets they insert into the skin so you only have one treatment every three months. I mentioned it to the doc he just said it's too early for that conversation.

10. Member
    My treatment has worked great. At 31 years old, I was on Lexapro, Dexilant, Librax, and 800 mg Ibuprofen. All of he Dr's I was seeing were simply treating symptoms. Since I started my test, I am off all the meds and feel like I am 20 yrs old again. (in more than 1 way)

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post
    Depending on the form of testosterone given will dictate how long the before the effects are felt. Most injectable forms of test (enethate,cypionate,etc) are oil based and therefore take longer to his the blood stream yet there effects last longer. The different Esters I spoke about will also determine how long the test will last in your body, the Cypionate which is what is commonly prescribed is middle of the road on how long it metabolizes in the body. There is a form of illegal testosterone (the name slips my mind now) that combines 5 different esters and last up to 3 weeks in the body. Now on the other side, gel and foam type TRT effects are felt almost instantly after applying because the are water based they are absorbed much more rapidly, however the effects are short lived (usually a day or so) so these need to be applied daily.

**** Please ask your physician to cut your dose in half and administer it every week, its the same amount going in to the body but the increased frequency will help with the ups and downs associated with TRT
    This guy knows.

Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post

Sustanon is a blend of long and short esters. Had a buddy of mine starting TRT and complained about the ups and downs and this is what he ended up doing
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

13. Member
    I will add this the cream/gel is very dangerous for wife or kids/grandkids to be exposed to so keep that in mind. If you don't fell the effect of the shot after 24 hours you might need a higher dosage.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

14. Member
    I’m 39 and tested close to being that low. It was about 4 shots in before I could tell a difference. However, when I changed my eating habits and hit the gym I began to see a big difference. I am taking .5ml a week through injection and I feel great but that’s also because I made several changes.

15. Banned
    What's the deal with this stuff. I know several meatheads at work that goes to the "wellness clinic".. I've been seeing and hearing it advertised, hell I even seen a flyer on the fridge at work.

I'm guessing most people need this like they need Adderall and it's a money making scam with less risk than handing out narcotics like candy. I could be wrong but I'm just wondering why it's become so popular lately?

16. Banned
    Lose 60lbs forget the testosterone

17. Member
    Women have been doing hormone therapy for as long as I can recall, all the sudden men start talking about it and it's supposedly snake oil. Obviously not for everyone and should be monitored by your doctor VERY closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Sustanon is a blend of long and short esters. Had a buddy of mine starting TRT and complained about the ups and downs and this is what he ended up doing
    That's it! Didn't know it was available for prescription.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Lose 60lbs forget the testosterone
    Not a medical professional but I'm pretty sure that losing 60 pounds will not make my body produce the testosterone it is sapost to but, I've been know to be wrong every now and then.

20. Banned
    Make sure you guys donate blood as often as they'll let you. High hemoglobin is not good for your heart, organs. I donate once a month with a script from the doc.
    If you just walk in and they ask if your on TRT say NO!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast