Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I know a guy with the hook hull issue. I promise you they know about it. In my opinion, Johnny needs to stop buying stuff and take care of issues with his product. The third owner is just a legal way for them not to be liable. The moral liability is something else they need to work on. It would be worth more to him in advertising $$ to go beyond the warranty on this issue and take care of this issue which is not the fault of the first, third, or 20th owner.

2. Member
    Yeah just like my z19 is the only nitro with gel coat and fiberglass issues. Just ask customers service.

3. Member
    jcdogfish what should we be looking for to determine for sure that the hull is hooked. The best I understand it, is that it's a portion of the hull at the pad where the hull doesn't touch the runners. Is that basically or is there more to it? Thanks!

4. Member
    For those of you that contacted Nitro, can you supply the contact info? I have tried to contact them about my hull and haven't gotten anywhere. Mine is a 2013 Z-7 with Merc 150 4 stroke with Tempest Plus 23 pitch prop. No bow lift, max rpms are 5200 and 52 mph with a 6 inch jackplate that I have raised and lowered. BTW, the first motor blew at 63 hours and these numbers are with a new motor, but the numbers are the same as the first motor. Everything on my boat has been checked except the hull for a hook.

5. Member
    So you have contacted customer service and they won't help you?

6. Member
    Nutt, google search nitro boats hull warranty. The number is at the top left of the page.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    If you are the third owner I think their response is you are SOL from what I've read.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    I have called customer service in the past. Was told that they could not give information to me, that they would need to be speaking with the dealer.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc3 View Post
    Nutt, google search nitro boats hull warranty. The number is at the top left of the page.
    Thank you.

10. Member
    How many rpms you turning? Are you sure you are reaching full WOT? It’s not always the hull and setup, it’s often the engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12