Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I believe Boat Trader requires an actual price. I would bet that price is close to list, not there asking price.

2. Member
    I know they'll come off that price but at the same time to me it's a turn off that they start so high. Why not just know what your bottom dollar sales price is and have your advertised price set at a reasonably higher price with negotiating room. Otherwise a smart buyer would pass the dealer up as being overpriced. No disrespect to the dealer, I'm sure they're very reputable otherwise BCB wouldn't condone any shenanigans but advertising that boat at $80k seems a little far fetched.

About $7k high

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    What's the price deference between a 250xs and a 250 four stroke? Larry
    Jaco's Marine has the ProXS 250 for $15,800. They have the 259 Verado for $17,425, so about $1625. Most dealers pay a little more than Jaco's for some reason.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Jaco's Marine has the ProXS 250 for $15,800. They have the 259 Verado for $17,425, so about $1625. Most dealers pay a little more than Jaco's for some reason.
    Does the Verado price include steering and throttle components where as the Pro XS does not? Or am I mistaken?

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Does the Verado price include steering and throttle components where as the Pro XS does not? Or am I mistaken?
    I think you have to add that in to the Verado price. That's why I said the Verado is about $4k more than a ProXs.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

7. Member
    So this dealer should Advertise his or Her Low Dollar? So lets say some of you are in the Business to Sell Boats, youve paid for the Land and Building, Employees, everything, Now lets advertise our Product at our Lowest Cost, does that make sense to You all with YOUR Money?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFox76 View Post
    So this dealer should Advertise his or Her Low Dollar? So lets say some of you are in the Business to Sell Boats, youve paid for the Land and Building, Employees, everything, Now lets advertise our Product at our Lowest Cost, does that make sense to You all with YOUR Money?
    Not saying that at all, my point is if that price is too high (which I don't know if it is or not that's why I asked) it could scare potential buyers away. Scenario: I have a 1998 2dr Tahoe thats worth about $3k and id probably take $2.5k minimum if I park it by the road with $6k written on the windshield I doubt I'll ever get a phone call. Make sense?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Not saying that at all, my point is if that price is too high (which I don't know if it is or not that's why I asked) it could scare potential buyers away. Scenario: I have a 1998 2dr Tahoe thats worth about $3k and id probably take $2.5k minimum if I park it by the road with $6k written on the windshield I doubt I'll ever get a phone call. Make sense?
    I guess if you think that the Lynx price you saw is double the price they will actually sell it for, you would be correct. My guess is it's within 3k of what they will sell it for.

10. Member
    Would you rather sell boats or sit on them for eternity until some sucker comes along? Consider the point that only someone with an income of at least 225,000.00 should be buying this depreciating toy. Did I miss something of did the avg working class get a raise??

The actual price tag listed does not seem out of line to us, though it will be discussed by our staff with the dealership themselves.

Everyone forgets to realize that many more people buy used vehicles than new. They only buy new once, then every sale of that one vehicle is used after that. Affordability drives that market as it does any.

Take into consideration what MSRP is on product and 250 HP engines alone are over $20k MSRP list. Then you have to add on pricing for oil tanks, ignition harnesses, cables, controls, propeller and more. Those don't come with an engine.

From there you have so many features that simply increase the pricing on products. Lynx models most likely are not going to appeal to many poeple because of price. Though not everyone can afford a Mercedes C class, GMC Yukon XL Denali either, nor a Cadillac Escalade XL.

It's not like all of these bass boat companies are all extremely profitable. Over time in this industry Bass Cat is the only bass boat manufacturer to not have a financial challenge, or failure. Every other company either got leveraged, sold in distress, bankrupted, re-formed from a loosed entity, or one of many other isolated challenges. This is the oldest continuing operating bass boat company in the business, and the only one over time. Skeeter themselves has a lengthy failure rate before Yamaha acquired them. We could go through that in detail.

In time we will see how those newer companies manage those situations, or are they here to pump and dump the company? Which is what those companies before them all did. The pump, dump and close facilities history has been repeated many times.

In relation to this post the price of a Lynx, Jaguar or even a Cougar Advantage SP will be more than many anglers can afford. That doesn't make it wrong, it just means affordability is always an issue.

Again: Everyone forgets to realize that many more people buy used vehicles than new. They only buy new once, then every sale of that one vehicle is used after that. Affordability drives that market as it does any.

BCB

12. Member
    I would just say this whether this price is close or not you won't fine out till you walk in with cash in hand and at least make them think you are ready to buy. This is no different then buying a truck and as BCB boats has said. Everyone will not buy a Lamborghini either some of us will just by a used truck. LOL I do think they will all price all boats/trucks/cars for as much as they can get. Their will always be those dealers that will price it as low as possible to sale the most boats and then others will get the most per boat, neither is wrong its our job to negotiate to get best deal.

13. Member
    If they know more people will buy used ie. (Cheaper boats) then why target the 5% that would pay so much for something? Build a boat 95% can afford and sell more boats. JM did this very well obviously.. We know they sell at these prices. I just don't understand why they have to drum up creative ways to get avg folks to bite. 120 MO PAYMENTS!! BS. Warranty deals etc. Good topic btw.

14. Member
    Like I've said earlier, I know the price is negotiable and the price listed is more than likely MSRP. my main question was is that price about right or overly inflated compared to what the boat can be had for. I guess thats why most dealers just advertise "Call for Price". And no TritonJT I don't believe it's double I was just pointing out that if I price an item for obviously more than what it's worth then I more than likely won't get any hits. Again I was just simply asking if that price was in the ball park because hardly any dealer advertises a price for a new boat therefore it's kind of an unknown until you sit down to buy.

15. Member
    https://www.rossmarinelufkin.com/def...=xNewInventory

txt me for the price. You will get a lot more bang for the buck! Number 1 Bass Cat dealer in the nation.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Y'Barbo View Post

txt me for the price. You will get a lot more bang for the buck! Number 1 Bass Cat dealer in the nation.
    My garage is too small (I think) for a Lynx. I might could fit a Eyra which is my dream boat but more than likely until I buy a new home a Panterra would be my max size. I have a Ranger 188 with a 6" jack plate that Barely fits, I'd have to cut a section of the work bench that's attached to the back wall of my garage for anything bigger. I really want a BCB but it'll probably be a couple of years and until then I'll make do with my R-boat which I just refreshed with a Fortrex, Onix, Helix, and new 3 bank charger as well as batteries.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinSkinny View Post
    If they know more people will buy used ie. (Cheaper boats) then why target the 5% that would pay so much for something? Build a boat 95% can afford and sell more boats. JM did this very well obviously.. We know they sell at these prices. I just don't understand why they have to drum up creative ways to get avg folks to bite. 120 MO PAYMENTS!! BS. Warranty deals etc. Good topic btw.
    Because 95% don't want a 18ft with small electronics on it

18. Member
    I believe the Lynx will be high 70's to high 80's boat depending on options. Maybe higher depending on motor options.
    As BCB stated. It comes down to affordability. There will be some that will finance it for 180 months, and others that pay cash.
    Regardless of cheaper model or brand bass boats, NONE are necessities. We buy them because we WANT them. We all have a price limit on our want.
    I know people personally that have purchased 40 million dollar corporate jets for personal travel. An 80K dollar bass boat is pennies.
    Some people have deeper pockets, others do not. If you want a Lynx, dig deep!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Y'Barbo View Post

This boat looks good in person.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12