Thread: USB port help.

USB port help.

When power switch is turned on at console the USB/12v port stops working. When the power switch is off it works. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Micahlj; 12-13-2017 at 04:44 PM.

2. Banned
    pull out the insert its a cigarette style insert into a cig lighter, not a true usb port.

3. Member
    Sounds like they didn't wire it correctly, mine wasn't working when I purchased. I just tapped into the power switch in the console, ran new wires with a fuse and called it a day

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    what year and model boat?
    its supposed to be hot all the time on the 9 series with integrated wiring but the others come off the switch panel and may be on the wrong side of the switch,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    pull out the insert its a cigarette style insert into a cig lighter, not a true usb port.
    this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    It is a 16 921. It is hot until I turn power on at console then goes off. I was having trouble with my graphs shutting off the other day and just moved the 2 hot wires to the bottom of the fuse panel in starboard rod box and now they work fine but USB still messed up.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    check for a red/purple/black, the 12v rec should be connected to the side thats going to the master disconnect at the back
    check to see if the entire top half of the fuse block is cutting off with the switch, on or off?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com