Mercury control box

Are there any mercury control box that have all the cable and wires on the inside of the control that goes behind the boat hull to the back of the motor?

I have a older 91 champion boat and it came with a Yamaha pro v, the control box doesn't have the cables and wires sticking out from behind going to engine, it's tucked behind the control box and into the boats hull nice and clean u don't see the cables and wires sticking out before going into the hull,
    Since I switched motor to a Mercury, I had to use the control box that came with motor and the wires and cables sticks out about a foot or so behind the box before going into the chassis back to the motor, what I'm looking for is something like my Yamaha control box that will work with my motor

Sorry if it doesn't make sense
    Last edited by 559bigbass; 12-14-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Yes mercury makes a box thatll go in exactly that hole and everything will be behind. You dont need to use that surface mount box if you dont want to

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    Alli where can I find it?
    Is it able to work with the cables and wires harness I have that's on my boat right now?

4. Member
    I did the switch to a Merc. Bought the control box with cables off ebay for around $220.

Youll need a mercury keyswitch harness for your motor. Your yamaha stuff will be a big problem to wire up

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

https://www.starmarinedepot.com/quic...iABEgKDPvD_BwE

id call don at european marine (board sponsor and mercury whisperer) he will have what you need and may have a used one

7. Member
    I believe you will also need to switch the control cables/ ends to the newest generation to work with the flush mount control. I did on my 2005 Ranger.

8. Member
    Okay from research I believe I need Gen2 cables and key switch also, does anyone know if my engine harness from my gen1 control panel will work with the new Mercury 4000 control panel