Prop to pad distance? Speed and performance.

Hi, everyone! Just bought a new Temptest plus 21p prop, goin from a beat up Laser II, also 21p. Running a Triton Tr186 with a Mercury XR6 150. Also have two 12’ Talons dragging me down. My numbers right now are as follows: max RPMs 5400, speed WOT 55.9, water PSI 15. We’re going to raise the motor up a few notches tomorrow for the new prop to work best. Just wondering if anyone had a specific prop to pad height that works best for them. The motor currently is set in the second hole from the top, with one open hole above.
    Thanks
    Drew

2. Member
    You don't have a jack plate do you? Get a 6" jack plate and put it on so you can adjust the motor up a little. Right now you should be setting at 4 1/4" below pad in the second hole down and without a plate that's going to be as high as it will run properly prop to pad. I know you can raise it up but the out come won't be very good and you'll be letting it back down after you raise it. I don't know what your raising up a few notches but it shouldn't have the pin in the motor mount bracket now if the tilt and trim work. Raise the Talons up as high as you can so they don't drag when you take off and get ready to loose a few rpm's with the 21" tempest since you say the Laser II is beat up now.