New garmin maps?

Does Garmin add/update maps every year? If so when do they release them usually?

Thinking about getting a new map chip but don't want to get it right before the new model comes out.

2. Member
    The 2018 version of LakeVu HD and LakeVu HD Ultra recently became available for download. I don’t think we’ll see another update till June or July. I’ve been told by tech support the mapping updates typically happen twice a year.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

3. Member
    Is there any sort of list that shows lakes that were added from 2017 to 2018? If theres no lakes that interest me in the latest version, I might try to pick up an older card for cheaper.

4. Member
    I don't need more lake maps.
    I do need a complete map of several lakes I fish.
    Many of the coves and creek arms don't show contour lines.
    Almost ready to buy a small lowrance map unit just to get the full lake contour line.

Help me garmin!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    Almost ready to buy a small lowrance map unit just to get the full lake contour line.

Help me garmin!!!
    I agree completely. I really like my 93sv, especially for the 2D, but the mapping is downright horrible on Pickwick Lake. I run a Humminbird 598 at the console beside the Garmin just to have decent maps.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

Quick draw fills in those gaps. My lakes are not mapped. Quick draw has been great.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    I am looking to add a 94sv to my PS22TR with 93sv at the bow. I want SI/DI and/or mapping next to my 93sv for Midatlantic rivers. Is it Garmin policy to offer free map updates on units with preloaded maps?

Yes, per the New Chart Guarantee, one free update within 12 months of purchase:

http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/marine/programs.html
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post

Help me garmin!!!
    Quick draw is your friend!!
    i use quick draw on all the lakes that I fish. It shows contours, humps, ledges, dips and divots, creek channels, etc. it actually corrects the preloaded maps. It’s a must-use!

10. Member
    QuickDraw works great with my ps30. Wasn’t as impressed with the my regular transducer. With that said it’s a great tool but eats up a lot of fishing time which is at a premium for me having 2 little kids.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, per the New Chart Guarantee, one free update within 12 months of purchase:

http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/marine/programs.html
    I’m guessing that only applies to map cards and not the units. Just bought a brand new Echomap Plus 63cv with LakeVu and the map was outdated out of the box but I can upgrade for $30.99...

Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    I’m guessing that only applies to map cards and not the units. Just bought a brand new Echomap Plus 63cv with LakeVu and the map was outdated out of the box but I can upgrade for $30.99...
    Not the case. Register your unit and download your new map from the internet. Mine needs to stay on an SD card because the new map memory is too much for the unit’s internal memory (73DV).

Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg309 View Post
    Not the case. Register your unit and download your new map from the internet. Mine needs to stay on an SD card because the new map memory is too much for the unit’s internal memory (73DV).
    Correct, New Chart Guarantee also applies to built-in mapping.
    Garmin Pro Team

14. Member