Charter ideas / info

I'm coming down in early April with 9 guys for my sons bachelor party. Anyone have any suggestions for a charter company for some inshore fishing? Also, any ideas of fun activities would be great. Thanks
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Where are you staying?
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

3. Member
    Redfish are on fire right now!! I caught and released probably 30 and that many or more bass today at Delacroix... the pattern I was running caught mostly all small redfish but any decent guide can or should be able to put you on 5 keepers in probably less time than it'd take you to get to the launch site!! Speckled trout are right there in the mix as well... should be fairly easy to get limits of all three.. I'm still learning the trout part but I've been catching some nice ones lately when I make myself switch gears.. (having too much fun with the reds and bass!!).

4. Member
    I just re read your post and see you said April... my bad.. it'll be a whole different ball game by then..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    Where are you staying?
    Somewhere around New Orleans area.

Marshman, no problem at all. Thank you for the info

6. Member
    April will be the beginning of the trout spawn. Any good charter from Venice, west to Dularge, should be able to put you on specks. My suggestion would be captain Anthony Kyzar or one of his guys down in Dularge. Another one would be Captain Cuda Scheer in Cocodrie.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bada$$Bullet View Post
    April will be the beginning of the trout spawn. Any good charter from Venice, west to Dularge, should be able to put you on specks. My suggestion would be captain Anthony Kyzar or one of his guys down in Dularge. Another one would be Captain Cuda Scheer in Cocodrie.
    Great. Thank you

Being it's a bachelor party I would definitely be looking at a trip to Venice.

Look here for some good recommendations.

http://lasaltwater.com/regions

This would be my choice:
    http://lasaltwater.com/captain/ryan-lambert
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

9. Member
    Thank you all. great info

10. Member

11. Member
    I got a friend that is a guide out of Venice and has a lodge and stuff.
    April is hit or miss depending on the river stage.
    I had some awesome trips in April right before the river rises.
    Then I had some very poor trips where we ran North of Buras to catch fish.

12. Member
    To Marshman my friends got a place off Carr drive with a boat launch, ice machine, and right there by the Hwy 11 Bridge.
    My friend asked if we should invite Marshman.
    I said no he thinks he is better than us running to Delacroix catching small fish. Hee Hee.

Now we caught some hog trout off tressles 18” smallest 26” the largest.
    You got to fish on the bottom slow and they barley peck your lure.
    Tressles and Hwy 11 a different type of fishing.

Two weeks ago we slammed trout 16” to 20”, bass, flounder, and reds at the L&G Bridge.

One morning we caught nice trout and ran to some canals catching bass up to 4lbs that were far, small trout 16” to 20”, reds, and flounder all at the same spot. Not far from where you are at.

Only problem we had was running back from L&G to Carr Drive was super thick fog and 2 ft chop on the lake.

13. Member
    Thank you Jlsch

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
    To Marshman my friends got a place off Carr drive with a boat launch, ice machine, and right there by the Hwy 11 Bridge.
    My friend asked if we should invite Marshman.
    I said no he thinks he is better than us running to Delacroix catching small fish. Hee Hee.

Now we caught some hog trout off tressles 18” smallest 26” the largest.
    You got to fish on the bottom slow and they barley peck your lure.
    Tressles and Hwy 11 a different type of fishing.

Two weeks ago we slammed trout 16” to 20”, bass, flounder, and reds at the L&G Bridge.

One morning we caught nice trout and ran to some canals catching bass up to 4lbs that were far, small trout 16” to 20”, reds, and flounder all at the same spot. Not far from where you are at.

Only problem we had was running back from L&G to Carr Drive was super thick fog and 2 ft chop on the lake.

Oh I know there's plenty of fish here around Slidell... it's why I moved here 5 years ago... I don't have enough boat to fish the lake... well the boat I'm using now can handle the lake but it's just kind of temporary... (unless I marry my girlfriend, it's her boat)

trip I made to Delacroix yesterday was much better... had to switch gears and leave the bass and reds alone...caught some super nice trout... I threw back any i felt like I needed to measure planning to not keep many..(my freezer is full). Ended up with 16 trout, 4 reds.. and now tonight, I'm giving fish away... cleaned, bagged, ready to cook!!

by the way...yes, Slidell has good fishing.. but I'm looking at planning a move..

15. Member
    Messing with you on that.

i run my 17ft flat from his launch to the bridges and a few spots not saying where.
    In the spring and fall you can fish it in a small boat on a Northwind.
    One huge advantage when the winds kick up I can get under the tressles and stay near the shore.
    A bay boat you cannot as it is too high and have to go through middle where the train bridge is.

Yes, I wouldn’t make a far run in anything less than 21ft boat in that lake.
    We left the tressles it was sunny 1 pm.
    2 hours later it was 3 pm, the weather went to pea soup fog, couldn’t see land or a few feet around you, and a chop was in the lake.

Now with cold weather to hit the trout in the middle you would have to got to the middle of the causeway.
    No way I would go 16 Miles in a small boat out there.