Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Stoeger Shotguns

Looking for a semi auto shotgun as I'm starting to do more waterfowl hunting. My buddy has a stoeger and loves it. I've got a chance to buy one from a guy I know. It's a year old, 3500 model (3.5" capacity) 28" barrel, max 5 camo for $500.

I've watched some torture tests on them and for the price they've impressed me so far.

Thoughts?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Great guns! Buy it!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Banned
    Better options for $500 without getting snot knocked out of you everytime you shoot it.

4. Member
    Stoeger guns are a good value, well made and dependable.

I would only shoot a 3.5" magnum for ducks if my life depended on it. Make mine a 3" magnum and you can beat yourself up with the 3.5" or just shoot 3" in it.

5. Moderator
    Not a bad gun for the money. The inertia guns have a bit more recoil, but it's nothing to worry about IMO. Same design as a Benelli, not as refined though. I'd personally spend a little more and look into a Beretta A300 or a for $799, you can get a Benelli M2 Classic in camo at Macks PW....

6. Banned
    Bought my son a stoeger 12gauge semi and he loves it. Seems like it shoots well and smooth. I actually tried to buy another for my other son and couldn't get one so I'm trying a Dickinson semi 12.

I have a m3000 stoeger, probably about 1000 rounds through it without a jam or a misfire. Is it the best gun in the world, no, but is it a very good one at the price point I think the answer is yes.

Can get the m3000 for your 500 new.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Better options for $500 without getting snot knocked out of you everytime you shoot it.
    X 2. Never been an inertia fan...nor a fan of 3.5" shells for waterfowl either ha.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

9. Member
    We’ve had 5 of them between all of us and only had one with issues. Took it back to the shop we bought it from and they sent it back to Steoger. We had it back in a week or so and it’s run like a top ever since. Like some people said it’s not a top of the line gun by any means. It gets the job done just as well as another will without breaking the bank.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I would only shoot a 3.5" magnum for ducks if my life depended on it. Make mine a 3" magnum and you can beat yourself up with the 3.5" or just shoot 3" in it.
    I shoot ducks and geese with a 16 ga and premium shot. 1 oz to 1.5oz depending... have for years. 2 3/4” shells.
    Stoegers work fine.

11. Banned
    Stoeger is owned by Benelli and they look and feel like one.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    You can't buy a decent gas auto for $500. I shoot nothing but Benellis. Recoil on most 3inch loads isn't back. 2 3/4 almost non-existant. But...I do not shoot 3.5inch...at all. Those are for kids and idiots that don't know any better. Way too much recoil!

Send me his number ... Ill trade him a Benelli 4 year old M2 right hand for it! Has 556 rounds thru it..

14. Member
    A friend of mine owns a Stoeger, I own a Franchi, and another friend owns a Benelli. They are all essentially the same gun at different price points and different trim levels. No doubt the Benelli is the nicest, the Franchi is second, and the Stoeger is third, but all 3 of them are reliable guns and equally good at killing ducks.

I second the other comments regarding 3.5" shells. I just had to have a gun capable of shooting 3.5's until I shot them for about a month. Shot 3" ever since.

15. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Stoeger dosent make guns but imports them. Some are made in Turkey(Versan-autos and pumps) and some in Brazil (E.R. Amantino/Boita-over and unders). They are owned by a group(Beretta holdings I believe) that includes Ulberti, Benelli, Sako, TIKKA and Franchi. Decent guns for the $$$$$$$
    Last edited by omcforever; 12-12-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

16. Member
    Great guns but im stuck on old ithacas.

Thanks for all the replies. A lot of good info. I didn't realize I could buy a new 3000 for $500. I thought they were closer to $700 new, so now I'm thinking about just getting a new 3000 as I don't really see myself needing the 3.5" very often. Glad to see that y'all who have them are happy with them.

I realize it's not a benelli, but I go duck/goose hunting 3x/year and dove hunting once or twice per year. So for me to go spend upwards of $1000 on a shotgun just doesn't make sense. And to my wife, it DEFINITELY wouldn't make sense! Lol
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    I had a m3500 for a while. I really enjoyed it. Got to playing around at the trap range and found out it wouldn’t eject 2 3/4” shells. I realize it’s not made for that but just my findings, if properly broken in it supposed to eject fine supposedly. But yes a stoeger m3k(3 gun) is coming home with me very soon.

19. Member
    I am a huge Benelli fan. I have an M1 and a M2. I have friends that have some Stoegers and they love them. One guy I know hunts A LOT with his. No telling how many shots have been fired thru that thing and it still preforms flawlessly. I would not be afraid to buy one.

20. Banned
    Stogers's are decent for light use. If you plan on putting any kind of high round counts through them I'd say save some more money and get a Beretta, Benelli or Browning. A "B" gun will serve you well for a long long time with less issues.

I own two Stoeger STF 3000 over/under, both are inoperable after 1500-2000 rounds and neither are worth spending the money to fix. My Browning Citori is still going strong at 5000+ rounds.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast