Thread: Pantera 2 keel

Pantera 2 keel

Hey guys.. my dad just bought a 2015 pantera 2 today. I thought it was interesting as I have always admired basscat boats.. always wanted one myself.. I actually just ordered a Phoenix and it was between that and a eyra.. However, I noticed that the pantera 2 the keel doesn’t come up to the center of the bow.. if you look at the boat straight on the center of the bow rub rail is not where the V meets the rub rail, it’s actually offset.. I’m sure you guys know exactly what I’m talking about.. I can only speculate as to why and my guess would be is that because when you fish alone it would keep the boat more level when you’re in the cockpit, but that’s just speculation. Does anyone have the answer as to why BCB does this? I know they have a purpose for it for sure..

The keel is perfectly centered. They incorporate extra "overhang" (for lack of better terminology) on the port side where the TM mounts so that the TM shaft when deployed is directly on the centerline of the boat for optimal efficiency. It also seems to increase the width of the boat at the bow where you stand. You dont notice it driving or while fishing, just when standing in front of the boat when its on the trailer. Like has been said a bunch of times before, everything BCB does is for a reason
    Last edited by J Risco; 12-12-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    Above is the correct explanation.

4. Member
    My Sabre is the same way

sabre and p2 are like that, it makes it interesting when you go to load it on the trailer the first time, cant go off the nose, have to make a line across the seat post holes
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

6. Member
    Go off the RIGHT side of the nose.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    sabre and p2 are like that, it makes it interesting when you go to load it on the trailer the first time, cant go off the nose, have to make a line across the seat post holes
    Took me a couple of trips out with my Sabre to get the hang of loading it on the trailer.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS