will post pics when I remember how to post pics on here
    lol
    will take any help I can get with that
    lol
    1990 361 V -- 1992 175 FASTSTRIKE
    MODEL#VJ175GLENC SERIAL#G03020301
    FSHN4DLRS@YAHOO.COM

2. Member
    The seats actually sit on the ridge of the coin box and then two screws go into the back deck and then there are two clips per seat that mount under the front

3. Member
    Thought I would repost for the 3 Series seat upgrade

4. Member
    As I said before your mods are an inspiration for guys who have these older boats, Great ideas, great workmanship.

Looks Great

6. Member
    Just wanted to compliment you on the work you have done to your boat. The 300 series are such great boats

7. Member
    I dig that extension setup alot. Inspiration to keep these older boats in modern day layouts. Great job.

8. Member
    I just built and installed a deck extension on my 365V. I did a drop in type so I can remove it when I take my 90 lb Lab out with me. When it is in the boat I can store a cooler, extra gear and tackle under it.

9. Member
    nice work. Thinking of doing this to my 372V.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger362xr4 View Post
    The seats actually sit on the ridge of the coin box and then two screws go into the back deck and then there are two clips per seat that mount under the front
    Hi there awesome work with the seats and coin box!!!! Do you have any pics during the build showing the rod ramp being cut out? I have a 361v and would like to try and do these seats too.

11. Member
    No I didn't get any pictures of that in progress I use an oscillating tool and a jigsaw make sure you put painters tape on the bottom of the jigsaw in case it bounces it won't scratch your gel coat. I used cardboard to make a template on each side as I went for the radius of the seat to be cut out. Do you have flush mount controls? That's one thing I felt like I needed to add so I bought one off of eBay for just under $100 I had to move my ignition switch to the dash. About to seat clips that held the seat down from Great Lakes skipper he's real reasonable. I did a lot of research before I did this. I explained to Connie Hill Ranger Boats I was doing and she sent me installation instructions for seats and the coin box she is very helpful.

12. Member
    I love everything that you did. You can tell your workmanship is impeccable, even through the pictures. I would love to do the same you did with the factory deck extension - any chance you have pictures of that install?

Also, would like to know how your handled getting the hinges back on your lids after you re-carpeted. I'm working on mine now and I don't think riveting is an option due to the piece of fiberglass that got glued in on the underside of the lids. Bolts don't really seem to be an option either as the existing holes won't go straight through. Any help is appreciated!
    Matt
    1991 Ranger 391V
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger362xr4 View Post
    I have a garage kept 362 with an XR4 Merc. I installed new carpet earlier this year and I ordered seats for a 2014 Z518 and a coin box for a 2011 from Ranger. With some modifications to the passenger side box or should I say cutting it out and removing it it came out really nice. Here are some before and after pictures. I also have the old seat and seat frame inside box lid if anyone is interested. It should fit a 361 or 362.
    Looks great. Really improves it overall. Great boat.

The 69 ( & 70) Mach 1 were 428, not 427. The Boss was a 429. Had both in 69 & 70. Great cars.

15. Member
    You are correct there was a Q code non Ram air and a shaker hood R code Ram Air

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniMatt21 View Post
    I love everything that you did. You can tell your workmanship is impeccable, even through the pictures. I would love to do the same you did with the factory deck extension - any chance you have pictures of that install?

Also, would like to know how your handled getting the hinges back on your lids after you re-carpeted. I'm working on mine now and I don't think riveting is an option due to the piece of fiberglass that got glued in on the underside of the lids. Bolts don't really seem to be an option either as the existing holes won't go straight through. Any help is appreciated!
    I don't think I have any pictures building the deck extension where the tackle tray and ice chest are but I may be able to pull the trash can out and get some pictures of underneath. I did use rivets just like they were from the factory but I used stainless steel instead of the aluminum because I fish in brackish water and even though it's brackish it they still corrode over time.

17. Member
    Really nice work!!!

18. Member
    Definitely nice work! I would be interested in knowing what you did on the flipping deck hinge area. Did you find a hinge that would work or did you add a filler piece so a normal piano hinge can be screwed into.
    CrusinArnd
    1994 Ranger 482VS
    1993 Merc 175
    Call it the Puddle Jumper....

19. Member
    sold by greatlakesskipper

Ranger Boats 9847113 Stainless Steel 34" 16 Gauge Marine Piano Hinge
    ( 191874975608 )

This is a hinge I got from Great Lakes skipper. I took a larger drill bit and beveled the existing holes in the hinge, then I used flat head stainless steel screws so they would be flush in the hinge would close completely.

20. Member
    Do you have any more pics of how you attached the hinge to the lid and to the boat thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast