Removing HPDI powerhead video

I am going to have my motor rebuilt by Mr. Carson, and he talked me into removing it myself with my buddy's help. I was wondering if anyone has found a youtube video or any video showing it being done. Mr. Carson offered to walk us through it on the phone however before I tackle this, i'd like to watch a video so I know whats in store visually. I've search youtube and yahoo and have not found anything helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2009 Skeeter 20I 250 Yamaha HPDI

2. Member
    Are you sending Chris A fully dresses powerhead or a one with everything removed? I think it is worth the extra money to have him send the injectors out and do the initial break-in. If you are doing it your self except the re-build, tag bag mark every all wires hoses grd bolts& write them all down in a note book in the order of removal & pictures too.I also got a gen. Yam service manual from SIM yamaha.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    +1 on the tagging of everything The wires can drive you crazy if you don't label them all. Their wiring can change colors in the harness run so don't rely on that. It doesn't take long to label everything and your phone's camera will help too. You will need a lift ring and metric bolts screwed into the flywheel so you can get the correct lift point. Here is one I use on an almost daily basis and is cheap enough to make. I recommend sending him your dressed head even if it cost a bit more for shipping. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=345275 pull off the belly pan so you can access the bolts and nuts on the underside of the power head. Leave on long one in until you are ready to remove it. Attach the lift ring and trim the motor level, hook to a lifting device and remove the bolt lift away. Good luck.

4. Member
    3.3 litre HPDI's come with 3 lifting eyes,on the powerhead, 1 at the reed-block fwd ,the other 2 in each clyl. head. they balance it just right, make sure the 2 bolts on each one are tight.ChampioNman is right abt the lifting/fly wheel removal tool. I think the most time consuming part of the whole deal,besides break-in was building a perfect, double bottom shipping crate for it. Chris Carson will take care of you. We miss Jethro 1.

5. Member
    thanks guys. I am sending him the fully dressed head. He gave me a heads up on labeling the wiring and i plan on taking a bunch of pictures and labeling everything.

2009 Skeeter 20I 250 Yamaha HPDI

6. Member
    You wont be sorry. He knows his stuff when it comes to these motors!!! Im a happy customer as well.