MEGA transducer install on a Z521

Problem...I have 2 mega transducers (a trolling motor mounted unit for the bow unit and a hull-thru for the console unit). I get crystal clear mega images on my bow unit but not nearly as clear on the console unit. Could this be an issue with where the console unit transducer is installed on my Z521? The transducer came with a 3' spacer but I didn't use it. Could this be the problem? Anyone else have a similar issue with quality of images from bow to console?
    Attached Images Attached Images

When you have the transducer that far above the hull bottom, you have to idle very slow so you don't loose water contact on the transducer.
    Also the water coming off the hull bottom is mixed with air and that mixture does not pass sound pulses as good as solid water does.

Using the 3" spacer will allow a slightly faster idle speed capability.

The trolling motor mount has no hull forward of it to disturb the water passing over it. That is where you get the clearest images.

The alternative to match the bow images is to have the transom transducer below the hull bottom so aerated water doesn't affect it. Most don't want to do that with that expensive transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Still have the older version of that one in my 521. Got rid of the graph because of bad 2d. The si and di worked great from what I remember. Maybe turbulence on the newer models?