Mega having a meltdown

Basically my new Mega 9 is having a few issues. Last time I was out on the water a number of things occurred. Firstly after setting up custom settings on the last trip I noticed a number of those did not remain as to what I had set previously. In the set up tab I had down imaging mega chirp but only side imaging mega showing, no chirp next, in the chart tab was not set on fish and chips (left side) as I had previously set last trip and on occasions when scrolling through the view etc an alarm would sound. In the house tonight I hooked it up and during that time setting up the alarm came on again and I couldn't make it stop so I had to remove the power from the rear. So next I jumped in the boat and after a while decided to do a restore default. I now have S.I mega chirp showing now. I hope this will fix it and only time will tell. In the system status my software is 1.3 ### and I noticed on my profile in product support there's a 1.540 with no general fixes. What to do, update, wait and see or call Humminbird support. Mark

2. Member
    At this point starting with the latest software makes sense to me. Follow the instructions on your "my humminbird" account step by step.(print the instructions first) Bob