Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What foods do you like that tear you up?

What foods do you like that tear you up? For example, I love all kinds of vegetables, especially raw. I love salad. But, an hour or so after I eat them, I get stomach gas so bad I think that I'm going to explode. Same with potatoes and potato chips. And, chocolate...if I eat any chocolate after 8:00 pm, I will have acid reflux all night. I also like peanuts, especially the kind in the shell. But, if I eat them after dinner, I'm up all night. And, worst of all - BBQ. When I eat BBQ, you better keep your hands and feet back! But, I can guarantee that acid refux is gonna happen after I go to bed. Thank God for Tagamet and Gas-X! I guess that when you get older, those drugs become part of your steady diet!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Anything fried...anything tomato based..pizza, pasta...mixing too much alcohol with anything. Dairy...it all sucks.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Greasy food kills me

4. Banned
    white castles

Anyone without a Gall Bladder will probably say the same thing. Anything high in fat, like fried foods or broth. Plus anything tomato based. Onions give me really bad heartburn, but nothing beats carmelized onions with mushrooms with your grilled steak

6. Member
    Salad, rice, tacos, ice creampizza ( sometimes) broccoli

7. Member
    Brocolli. Brussels sprouts. Cauliflower.

I have similar issues with acid reflux that you do. I love orange juice, and pineapple juice but never drink it, not worth the pain i go through the rest of the day. For some reason I am fine with most hot sauces, I put hot sauce on lot of food such pizza, scrambled eggs, potatoes and don't have an issue with hot sauce but cajun spices can give me bad acid reflux also.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

9. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Peanut butter or tomato based pasta sauce.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Onions or garlic and I have about 15-20 min tops after I eat. Usually hits half way home.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Some Pizza sauces wreck me with heartburn and some don't. One drink of red wine and I turn in to an old percolator coffee pot. Crap started in my 30's and never let up. Now just shy of 50 and I have had a few really bad nights sleeping upright. A few rounds of waking up with acid creeped not only up my esophagus, but going in to my sinus's was the last straw. I just quit eating what was hurting me. The funny thing is I love really hot peppers and they don't bother me a bit. Onions are fine and most things that give others problems don't bother me. Another thing that always gets me is Chicken and dressing and Chicken and dumplings and it doesn't matter who's Grandma made them, they get me for sure.

12. Banned
    Ice cream

Well I’ll join the club. You guys that suffer please start taking Nexium every morning and you’ll feel much better. I could eat Pizza and Mexican food for every meal. If I did I’d probably be dead. My reflux is so bad at night that I breath the acid into my lungs. I almost drown from it. I wake up gasping for breath. Bed is elevated 4 inches at the head. No food after 6 pm. Chocolate, anything tomato based, greasy or fatty foods, Advil or aspirin. Bad thing is I never know when I’ll have an attack. So I have a pretty boring diet but still get my Spicey food fix if I can have it at lunch time and stay on Nexium.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

14. Member
    Eggs and milk. Some spaghetti sauces. Look out

Chili, Spaghetti

16. Member
    pizza, but I fight through the pain as often as I can - LOL

17. Member
    Pepperoncini pickled peppers. Love them but break out in hives.

18. Banned
    For me lately it's been wings... But damn they're good going down with a pint of Guinness... Dan

19. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Anything spicy at this point, brussel sprouts, cabbage.

onions make me shit with a nitro turbo boost............

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast