Helix 10 Mega transducer not reading at speed HELP

I am curious to find out if anyone has been able to get their helix mega transducer to read at speed.

I have played with the transducer location however so far I can't get the sounder to read once I hit around 8 knots, I lose DI, SI and 2d sonar as soon as I try to get up on the plane.
    Is it possible to get these transducer to read and hold bottom at speed? Or am I wasting my time?

2. Banned
    What kind of boat do you have? I am not a pro here,but my Helix 10 si on my nitro I can hold bottom and depth to 30 plus mph.Its not clear like idle speed but can see bottom on 2d.I taped a ruler to hull bottom and set transducer on top ruler that's how I mounted transducer.

3. Member
    It wont...you'll need to get a Y cable and use your 2D transducer for reading bottom while at speed...assuming you left your 2D transducer installed.

4. Member
    I have a Helix 12si gen1 with a transom mounted transducer and I read bottom at all speeds up to the boats max at 51mph. You can't do anything with these images at this speed but I do know the depth and can see significant changes in the bottom contours. I have an aluminum Tracker PT 190. I am not familiar with the new Mega transducer but would expect to be able to dial it in the same way on my boat. BUT all hulls are a little different. My last boat was a fiberglass skiff and I could not get reading past about 6mph. Had to go the Y cable route and mount a separate 2D skimmer transducer in order to read bottom at planing speeds.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    IDK what your top end is, but I have mine set so just the face is skimming the water on plane & I don't lose bottom.

I started WAY too low and moved it several times and it was just right after I thought is was way too high.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

6. Member
    The issue I have with the whole “have just the face of the transducer skimming” is that I have a hull with a 19 degree dead rise

so if I mount the transducer inside edge level/just above the hull the opposite edge is nearly half an inch below the surface of the hull

in really struggling with getting it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cade View Post
    The issue I have with the whole “have just the face of the transducer skimming” is that I have a hull with a 19 degree dead rise

so if I mount the transducer inside edge level/just above the hull the opposite edge is nearly half an inch below the surface of the hull

in really struggling with getting it right.
    You will have to compromise with the height adjustment. The suggested starting point is the center of the thickness from top to bottom be at the hull bottom on the lowest side of the hull slant. If the transducer is on the port side of the keel, the right side of the transducer would be aligned with the hull bottom, just the opposite if you put the transducer on the starboard side of the keel. Then most of the other side of the transducer will be below the hull bottom.
    The installation instructions show how to attach the transom bracket to the hull for dead rise hulls.

Those large transducers are tough to get aligned correctly, so some use the smaller 2D skimmer at the hull bottom and have the Imaging transducer higher than the hull bottom. The two transducers are connect to the display with a Y cable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL