New 2015 Mercury Proxs

I recently bought a 2015 Ranger 520C with a Mercury 250 Pro XS, serial number 2B112688. I'm thrilled to have the boat, but have to admit I am a little uneasy with the motor sitting that long. Of course I have the full warranty but sure hope not to have to use it. Any opinions about an engine sitting this long? I plan on breaking it in by the book, just wondering if any thing else should be a watch out. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    There won't be any problems, if the motor was not previously rigged and broken in.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    There won't be any problems, if the motor was not previously rigged and broken in.
    +1.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Only thing to concern with is that the dealer followed Mercury's Guidelines in reference to Service Bulletin 2016-04 (some MANDATORY service/replacement items apply to receive Warranty).

Also, SB 2017-005 applies (and should be completed).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    If the service bulletin your referring to is about the reed, they did complete that work. Thanks for the reply's!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerbrent519 View Post
    If the service bulletin your referring to is about the reed, they did complete that work. Thanks for the reply's!
    They need to notify (and bill) Mercury if they've completed the campaign.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thanks Don, should be sending the paperwork in any day now.