Question About Quicksilver Premium Plus 2 Cycle Oil

I haven't been able to locate this oil locally and have ordered it online 2 times from different places. Each time they are sending premium plus 2 cycle but it is labeled synthetic blend. When I recheck online I am ordering the correct item. I have never used synthetic oil with this motor (Mercury XR6). Is there synthetic and non synthetic oil or am I ok using the synthetic blend?

Premium Plus IS a synthetic blend. Any Mercury Marine dealer will have it, possibly in bulk. You bring your container and save a few bucks.

Fish On.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Premium Plus has ALWAYS been a synthetic blend. There is a Premuim oil that is straight dino oil (I think). Also, Quicksilver and Mercury brands are EXACTLY the same. Pennzoil and Citgo make a Premium Plus also but it is different.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Premium Plus has ALWAYS been a synthetic blend.
    ^^^^ Emphasis on PLUS.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    the oil you are buying merc or quicksilver is what you should using synth blend regular prem needs to be mixed with fuel on older engines
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    If it's green and smells like kerosene it Premium Plus. It is a blend, haven't had any trouble with it keeping the iron sleeves in my XR4 rust free. Don't use full synthetic if you have iron or steel sleeves.

7. Member
    well I was under the impression that opti oil was full synthetic and optis have steel sleeves but ive been wrong before
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Mercury/Quicksilver DFI is a synthetic blend too.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...-outboard-oil/
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Academy sports sells it for around $22.00. Free shipping over $25.00 too. Best deal around.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

10. Member
    opti oil/DFI does say blend on jug accord to tech serv is full syn