Tracker Tournament V-18 Prop ?

Hey guys,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I have a 2003 tracker tournament v18 with a 90 mercury. It currently has a LaserII 22p prop on it. I can get about 40-42 mph(gps)now, Was told if I went with a 21p I could gain a little more on top end and get out of the hole better. Not sure if anyone had the same rig and could share some information or if someone with more knowledge than me on props(doesn’t take much)could give some info. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    People are going to have to know how many RPMs you are spinning to answer your question. Someone with experience with your boat will be able to answer your question hopefully.

40 to 42 mph GPS! That's good. I have a 2010 115 Optimax and my top end runs between 45 an 46 with my Spitfire X19 four blade. So for you to be able to go that fast top end with your 90 is pretty danged good. Knowing your boat though I figure your biggest problem is hole shot. Having a good prop man repitch you to 21P with cup added will probably drop you a mile an hour top end but your hole shot will improve. My TV18's overall performance improved with the X19 which made me happy. Top end speed for me is nice but not a major factor. Now I must admit if I reduced my fishing gear in my boat I'd probably get back up to the 47mph range.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

KRR6581, means is he has a X7 Spitfire SS 19p prop.

Not picing on you krr6581, just helping out.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    People are going to have to know how many RPMs you are spinning to answer your question. Someone with experience with your boat will be able to answer your question hopefully.
    +1 need wot rpms to calculate prop slip or see if your running the engine at the right rpms.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Thanks for all the responses guys. I am hopefully going out in the next couple of days. I will get the wot rpm. Thanks again

7. Member
    If you're running an Optimax, then you have 2.33 gears. 40-42 is about it for that weight hull. If you're hull shot is good (less than 5 seconds) fully loaded and the motor is turning at least 5500, I wouldn't do anything. I've spent thousands on jack plates, props, prop modifications, and tuning over the years. All I ever got was 2mph.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

8. Member
    It is actually the 90 ELPTO, if that makes s difference.

9. Member
    My last boat was a 2007 V18 Allfish with tha ELPTO 90hp motor. I always ran a 21 pitch aluminum prop on it and also ran about
    41-42 at WOT. It's not going to be a speed demon but it was always a great riding boat.

10. Member
    Finally got a chance to take the boat out. With me and one other person and about 20 gallons of fuel it went about 40 mph(gps) and the tach was showing 5500 rpms @ wot. Not sure how accurate the factory tach is.