Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Congrats on the order! Once you get it, remember you do not need much trim on a Basscat. A LOT less than you think.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 12-13-2017 at 12:32 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Member
    Thanks, guys. Jigman, good advice, I am already ahead of you on that one! 06 SB, please elaborate a bit on the trim thing. I am coming out of a Charger 496, which needed LOTS of trim to get going. I have never even been in a BCB! Is it because bass cats are light and have lots of lift? I like pictures of the Caracal sitting in water. Not so "ass low" like some other boats.

3. Member
    Bobby 8, that boat sounds great. If you have an empty seat on Choke one day, let me know. I'd love to see your boat. I have ordered one without ever laying eyes on one in person. Dam, that sounds crazy...

4. Member
    I really like mine! You say 19.8 but it seems longer than that. I like the width and that is why I went with the Caracal over the Cougar.

5. Member
    The wait is challenging but oh so worth it !!! Waited about the same time for my 2018 Eyra but couldn't be happier with having BassCat build 'my' design !!! It's special when it's your colors, your choices of options etc... I would recommend doing a Factory Pick-up if you've never been there before. It's a great experience to see the process and meet the people. Wonderful experience !!!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lasalle155 View Post
    Bobby 8, that boat sounds great. If you have an empty seat on Choke one day, let me know. I'd love to see your boat. I have ordered one without ever laying eyes on one in person. Dam, that sounds crazy...
    Not so crazy, I was considering it too; but I just couldn’t bring myself to spend the money. I was really interested in the charger 198, but I lost my desire for it and they took too long to release any info about it. Hopefully I’ll see you guys on the water sometime.

Lately I’ve been contemplating selling my boat. I think I’m losing the mojo for fishing since all our lakes are fishing so poorly.

I came into Basscat from 3 Hydrasports and a Nitro. All of those you tucked the motor in for holeshot then left the hammer down and trimmed all the way until it stopped. That was the best top end speed.

A BCB is different. The way I figured it out was to tuck the motor in for the holeshot then bumped up the trim about 4 times then let the boat stabilize. This puts me at about 72-74 on my Cougar. Now just bump the trim up once about every 5-10 seconds letting the speed stabilize between each trim movement. Do this until the speed drops then bump it down and look at your trim guage to have a reference for future runs. Somewhere in this process you will feel the boat rise and the steering will become extremely easy...as in little to no torque. I have had mine up to 78 loaded on summer tournament blasts off. It has more in it but I don’t need it!

There will be a little chine walk through the process too so you have to get used to that as well. Here is a good thread on it over on the BCB owners board. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...6.html#p257841

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    78? Dam! Grout Scout, hang in there. I just went saltwater fishing. Heckuva good time. That can hold you over until the spring bite. But, I know what you mean. Bass fishing can be tough. But it has its own rewards. Just remember, you live pretty close to two top end lakes that a lot of people never get to experience. (Choke and Falcon).

9. Member
    Congratulations. Caracal must be an incredible boat. I look forward to riding in one some day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12