Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestions for Waterproof Wallet / Compact Container?

Wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on where to get a waterproof wallet or sealed container (ideally something that floats) to carry your license documents in while out fishing? I’ve been using a Ziplock bag, but my paper documents get beat up and sometimes soaked if not sealed properly. I’d prefer something compact and light so I can keep it in my pocket without it being a hindrance. Any suggestions?

I don't keep those in my pockets while on the boat... I put wallet, keys, etc. in a small air-tight Rubbermaid-like plastic container in the console.

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Same here, wallet, keys, phone, licenses and such goes in storage area. No need to have them on your person during the day.

4. Member
    I don't have one that is small enough for "just" licenses or paper documents. My truck keys and my cell phone go in the case with my boat operator documents, fishing license, and vessel documents. It's a hard case from Pelican - I think it's one of their "micro case" series. I put everything in the case, then put the case under the console. It's a bright yellow color, easily visible if it gets ejected. I used to put it under the seat, but realized if something happened, accessing that compartment might not be particularly easy.

If you don't want your paper documents to get beat up, look for a hard case. I've seen little pocket-sized cases, but can't think of a manufacturer off the top of my head.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

5. Banned
    Yep. Pick out sealable plastic bowl from the proper aisle. Put the pocket goodies in it and store in a compartment.

6. Member
    Where I work we have to have a card to get in the gate. Some of the guys carry their card in a clear plastic case that is just slightly larger than a credit card, it has a small buckle and it is water tight. Even has a clip to attach it to your pocket or belt loop. You could fold your license and slide it in the case and it would fit right in your pocket.
    Hi Mike.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    I don't keep those in my pockets while on the boat... I put wallet, keys, etc. in a small air-tight Rubbermaid-like plastic container in the console.
    We don't have that luxary in Ontario. The regulations require your licence to be on your person. I was given a warning once because I had it in my tackle bag and not physically on me when they stopped us for a random licence check. It's a ridiculous rule but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Aric11; 12-11-2017 at 02:19 PM.

8. Member
    Maybe something like this????? >>>>>> https://www.amazon.com/WITZ-Safe-Wat.../dp/B00DKNB6UC
    Hi Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Aric11 View Post
    We don't have that luxary in Ontario. The regulations require your licence to be on your person. I was given a warning once because I had it in my tackle bag and not physically on me when they stopped us for a random licence check.
    I was going to say a small Pelican case but after reading possibly the dumbest law I've ever read a simple zip lock bag might be your best bet.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Maybe something like this????? >>>>>> https://www.amazon.com/WITZ-Safe-Wat.../dp/B00DKNB6UC
    Nice! I like this one.

11. Member
    Nice! I like this one.
    If all your going to put in it is a folded up license it would work great for that.
    Hi Mike.

I use one like this for a phone while kayaking but would fit nice and flat in a back pocket with just papers in it. It's really thick vinyl / plastic and way tougher than any ziploc bag.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mag...dCatid=4207287

13. Member
    We don't have that luxary in Ontario. The regulations require your licence to be on your person. I was given a warning once because I had it in my tackle bag and not physically on me when they stopped us for a random licence check. It's a ridiculous rule but it is what it is.
    About the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    About the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    You're telling me! Shouldn't matter where / how you store it as long as you have it with you and present it when asked.

I have been using a "dry bag" which you can purchase at any large sporting goods store. They come in various sizes and store easily in glove box. Campers and kayakers use these to keep items dry. I put my wallet, keys, phone and anything else I am concerned about getting wet. It works excellent.
    Gary Burks Fergus Falls, MN
    2005 ZX225/2017 225 SHO

16. Member
    Pelican makes a great case to keep your stuff in. The one I got will hold mine and my Dad's wallet and cell phone easily and doesn't take up much space.
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

17. Banned
    There is waterproof pouch like those hanging in the walmart camping and marine aisle.

18. Member
    Check Ebay for waterproof wallets. They have a 2 pack of waterproof wallets for around 9 bucks. I bought some a couple of years ago to take on cruises and going to the beach. I even take mine in the water when I am swimming. Fits in your pocket like a regular wallet. They are made by Coghlans. I have also seen them at a local West Marine store.
    Last edited by SC_WILDMAN; 12-11-2017 at 05:47 PM.

19. Member
    Recently used on a hunting trip. Extremely lightweight.

http://www.kuiu.com/gear/game-gear-b...=Stone#start=3

That rule is a hell of a lot less ridiculous than California's, where you're required to wear it exposed and visible on your person. Put it on your hat, you'll surely lose it, put it on your jacket, you'll probably take off the jacket at some point during the day, put it on your shirt, you're sure to cover it up with jacket, PDF, etc. Just not practical!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast