Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranger Seat Plugs

We still have several of these for sale, keeps all the trash out of your pedestal base hole!![IMG]
    Please pm me for details![/IMG]

2. Member
    Are these made out of aluminum? I sometimes go barefoot on the deck during the hot summer months...will these be hot as heck?! Thx

Need 2 blue
    2013 RANGER. Z119 225 PRO XS. serial # 1B962441
    IONIC 3-50s AND 125
    HDS 12 / HDS 9 TOUCH
    GHOST
    ATLAS JACK PLATE
    POWER POLE BLADES

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierisu View Post
    Are these made out of aluminum? I sometimes go barefoot on the deck during the hot summer months...will these be hot as heck?! Thx
    Yes on the aluminum, I never fish bare foot, I do know that any chrome is the hottest thing on a boat.
    The Ranger plugs are 30.00 each, the plain plugs are 25.

I am in my boat barefoot all the time....have been using these plugs for quite a while. I've never had a problem with them bothering my feet. Any other plugs for your pedestal holes and......well, you're just not quite there.

6. Member
    Is there a difference in the plug for an 2018 model boat ?
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

7. Member
    The question is I have plugs from my 2015 boat do they work
    I have heard that the hole diameter is smaller on the 2018 boat . Thanks
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

8. Member
    Who do we order these from?

9. Member
    Received as a present and fit fine on the 2015 boat , but they are polished aluminum. Was reading on another thread that somewhere between 2015 and now that diameter changed .

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riese619 View Post
    The question is I have plugs from my 2015 boat do they work
    I have heard that the hole diameter is smaller on the 2018 boat . Thanks
    No the hole diameter on all the Ranger bass boats are the same.

Rodney, I just received a replacement insert for the front deck of my 117 and my pedestals that came with the boat do not fit. Ranger sent me Springfield spring lock 2 repair kit, the inner diameter is slightly smaller, but small enough that no way are the pedistals or the alum caps will work now. I am seatless :-(

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFLA View Post
    Rodney, I just received a replacement insert for the front deck of my 117 and my pedestals that came with the boat do not fit. Ranger sent me Springfield spring lock 2 repair kit, the inner diameter is slightly smaller, but small enough that no way are the pedistals or the alum caps will work now. I am seatless :-(
    Did you knock out the old insert?

Something is amuck....we will figure it out.

14. Member
    I ordered a set and the quality is great, but I feel they are too loose in the seat post hole. My boat is a 2015 119. Rodney who will be responsible if one flies out? I’ve measured them with my calipers and they are a little over .030 smaller than the seat post hole itself. Not trying to cause issue, just asking.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    I ordered a set and the quality is great, but I feel they are too loose in the seat post hole. My boat is a 2015 119. Rodney who will be responsible if one flies out? I’ve measured them with my calipers and they are a little over .030 smaller than the seat post hole itself. Not trying to cause issue, just asking.
    Is it possible your insert is worn (yes I understand you have a 2015)? Not sure how RR would be responsible for plugs coming out if people have work inserts.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

16. Member
    I didn’t say Rodney would be responsible, I asked, cause he’s advertising them. Second my front seat post has been in the boat maybe three times since the boat was new. The seat post plug just drops in and physically moves around and you can reach down and pull it out very easily. That and I just put a new insert in the rear deck cause it was worn, it’s brand new, never had a post in it and the plug is loose in it too. Now these plugs were almost 70 bucks and the quality is very nice, but they are loose. I don’t want them coming out and loosing them or them coming out and damaging anything or anyone on my boat going down the lake. I asked a simple question is all. I will most likely put them in the lathe at work and machine a groove in the plug, which is what who makes them oughta think about doing.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    I didn’t say Rodney would be responsible, I asked, cause he’s advertising them. Second my front seat post has been in the boat maybe three times since the boat was new. The seat post plug just drops in and physically moves around and you can reach down and pull it out very easily. That and I just put a new insert in the rear deck cause it was worn, it’s brand new, never had a post in it and the plug is loose in it too. Now these plugs were almost 70 bucks and the quality is very nice, but they are loose. I don’t want them coming out and loosing them or them coming out and damaging anything or anyone on my boat going down the lake. I asked a simple question is all. I will most likely put them in the lathe at work and machine a groove in the plug, which is what who makes them oughta think about doing.
    Copy. You came across to me as if you were saying RR would be responsible. Sorry for the confusion

On a side note, are you planning on cutting a grove to add an o-ring to help hold it in the inserts?
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

That's odd.....my set has fit snug in my last two boats.

19. Member
    Never had any come out of my boat and Ky Lake is as tough as any lake, don’t know of a single complaint either till now. Be happy to refund your money if your not happy, I will pay postage.

20. Member
    I will add a groove and an O-ring and they’ll be perfect. I Wish I could post a video of how loose they are. If everyone sees it and says that’s normal than I’m good to go, if someone sees it and says yeah there a little loose we can fix it. Stuff happens, I’m not angry guys, just want to make sure the plugs are right. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast