Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I have all three of the things you are considering on my RT198 and the Ultrex will give you the most bang on the waters you fish.

I know you have Lowrance HDS units on your boat but I would recommend getting the iPilot Link version and then at some point in the future getting a small network capable HB Helix unit to get the Link features and the ability to run Lakemaster maps. You don't need to install the transducer, just provide power and plug the Ultrex network cable directly into the Helix.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    I have all three of the things you are considering on my RT198 and the Ultrex will give you the most bang on the waters you fish.

I know you have Lowrance HDS units on your boat but I would recommend getting the iPilot Link version and then at some point in the future getting a small network capable HB Helix unit to get the Link features and the ability to run Lakemaster maps. You don't need to install the transducer, just provide power and plug the Ultrex network cable directly into the Helix.
    Same here, Go with the Ultrex.

3. Member
    Well, all the excitement of getting a new toy ended fast. I have to rebuild my tranny in my truck, so I can even get to the lake now. Seeing that the price is about the same as an Ultrex, looks like that will be my christmas present instead. Being an adult sucks.

Now that sucks! And yep fast way to see your $2k disappear. New cars are great when they work but the worst when they break.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    If someone buys a ultrex.....how shallow will it work?

6. Member
    I would think that it would work at the same depths that any other trolling motor would work.

You can adjust the depth of the motor just like other TM’s.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentR View Post
    If someone buys a ultrex.....how shallow will it work?
    I called jones trolling motor and spoke to John about buying the TM or a Talon, he said 5 years ago the Talon was the best option for fishing/flippin the two local lakes where he lives in AR. The deep lake is 5' and they would just use the talon or PP to fish the standing timber. Now they all use the Ultrex with the spot lock. The only complaint he has heard is that the constant running of the TM with spot lock is it may stir up the bottom and scare the fish, though he doesn't personally feel that way.

9. Member
    I went with power poles on my triton tx18. They are great in some situations but I wish I would have went with ultrex. That will be my next upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12