Thread: Cudos to Lew's!

Cudos to Lew's!

I just finished tearing down, cleaning, greasing, oiling, and reassembling my 11 Lew's reels. There were a few parts that I thought that I better have in reserve, just in case I break one or, more likely, lose one in the process. Sometimes, those tiny springs and pins grow legs or wings! Anyway, I called the parts and service phone number on the website and spoke with Lisa. I ordered 3 small parts with duplicates of each and when I went to pay...NO CHARGE! That's customer service! The new Lew's company, in both quality of their reels and their customer service, are doing Lew Childre proud!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Scraps
    I have at least 12 that I've used, not heavily, but have used for three seasons and they still work great with little upkeep from me. I do have them in covers when storing them in the boat which helps. I do a lot of cranking and can tell some of my BB1s could use a new gear or two, but still cast wonderfully. I wonder, if there was a list of parts to replace preventatively, what those parts would be?
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I just finished tearing down, cleaning, greasing, oiling, and reassembling my 11 Lew's reels. There were a few parts that I thought that I better have in reserve, just in case I break one or, more likely, lose one in the process. Sometimes, those tiny springs and pins grow legs or wings! Anyway, I called the parts and service phone number on the website and spoke with Lisa. I ordered 3 small parts with duplicates of each and when I went to pay...NO CHARGE! That's customer service! The new Lew's company, in both quality of their reels and their customer service, are doing Lew Childre proud!
    I agree with you Jeff. Been using Lew's since before Lew Childre was killed in the plane crash.. Always have had great customer service. Went through some lean years when the company bounced around then disappeared. So glad to see it back and producing great products and still have great service.

4. Banned
    Yup! Haven’t paid for anything yet. Amazing