Winter fishing tips for Pickwick?

All,

I have a few friends and family members coming down from Chicago this weekend to spend 3 days on Pickwick Lake out of State Line Ramp. I have been going out the last 2 weeks looking for some patterns that I can put them on but admittedly I am really a novice - especially regarding winter fishing. I would really like them to come down and get on a few fish.

The areas that I had caught fish in the past have changed (no grass and crystal clear water) so they haven't produced much for me. I have read Lou's report which has been helpful.

I tried: lipless cranks, DT10, A-rig, drop shot and dragging/pitching a jig both to laydowns and bluff walls.

Can you guys share with me some areas to look for or techniques to use to locate a few. I am willing to try most anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Member
    Haven't been in a few weeks and things have changed a lot I am sure.I have to take a break and deer hunt with my sons. I fish from Bear Creek to Pickwick Dam most of the time except from late May until August and then I am all over the place. If you are putting in at the dam,go around the turn in the river and fish any point in the main lake. A-rig fished slow and a Rouge jerk bait even slower. Check the first several points in yellow creek the same way. If water temp rises above 50 you can catch some fairly shallow on a Shad Rap fished slow. It really depends on water temp and if it is rising or lowering. Like I said,I have not wet a hook in a couple weeks,but I have caught some good ones doing this. If I was there today, I would start out fishing points and top of humps in the river or close to the river.

3. Member
    Thank you for that. I will be going out of State Line so points in Yellow Creek will be easy first stops.