Question Do-it underspin mold issue

I've been making underspins the last few years. Originally, I altered an ultra minnow head to accept a piece of wire that I would bend around. I had problems with losing swivel/blades because after bending a loop it would always leave a very small gap. Then, Do-it came out with their underpin mold that takes their preformed wires. I thought this would take care of the problem, but I've had problems with theirs as well. Are there any tricks to closing off the loop on the wires?

2. Member
    Yes, you can put a little epoxy between the tag end of the loop and the shaft. You can also use super glue as well.

I just squeeze the loop closed extra tight so when it springs back a little, It is still fully closed.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    I too use a modified ultra minnow mold but I don't use a wire to attach the swivel. I use a crane swivel that I cast into the head and then attach the ball bearing swivel to the crane swivel loop. By doing that I feel it helps keep the blade spinning when I'm ticking the bottom, it also helps me fish the bait more effectively. The reason is that the blade sits close to the body of the soft plastic trailer, it forces me to fish it slower, if I reel too fast the blade will hit the body, since I started making my under spins like that my catch rate with them has gone through the roof.

5. Member
    I've made underspins from several different molds and made them different ways. I've made them by casting the crane swivel in the head then attaching the ball bearing swivel to it. I've used the Do-It wire but I like the one that I make my own wire for. I can make the wire as long as I want it or as short to put the blade where I want it. I use a 30 degree hook in most of mine by changing the line tie position it lets the bait run more parallel to the bottom. I just like changing things up to see what happens.

6. Member
    I didn't mention, but I later altered the mold and make quite a few this same exact way. I like this one but would also like to utilize my other mold as well. I typically put a #3 blade on a 3/8 (I think) on mine and throw smaller swimbaits like Keitech Easy Shiners, Missile Bait Shockwaves on 12 lb fluoro. I would like to put a little larger blade on mine, but they seem to make it roll.