Raymarine Axiom "Walleye Game Changer" How So

A fishing professional, on his Facebook page, labeled this unit as a walleye game changer. So I asked the question what does this unit have to change the sport of walleye angling. With no answer I dug deeper into the features, 3D, side scan/down scan, chirp, map features. So when comparing to other brands Lowrance, Hummingbird, Garmin already have these features, add Garmin has forward/down view live scanning sonar (panoptix) does Raymarine have anything like panoptix.

Help me understand lst, what Raymarine has to be labeled a game changer. 2nd what features stand out to being better then currently out on the market.

Thanks for your help.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Well for one, as you have stated, “Donnie the 3D is a huge improvement in my opinion over the LSS-1 and LSS-2 because of the improvements find myself using my 3D more”.

the Three D requires no module, or separate transducer. You have look back features, and can slew the view to any angle. You can as view it or any other transducer without backing out of the menus.

add a three year warranty, and 10 year support and you want find yourself forced to upgrade units whenever they say that they want you too!!

All is included 3D, down/side, Chirp 2d, for a single price. Last time I checked it was cheaper than anyone else!

3. Member
    Was it Tommy's FB page?

What's unique about Axiom RealVision is that it has a QuadCore processor (think gaming speed fast) and it does everything with (1) transducer and NO MODULES in a 9" unit that retails for $1,650 (that includes a Navionics card). Yes others do Sonar and DownVision and SideVision and 3D, but all in (1) unit - for $1,650???

Also, LightHouse 3 software is hands down the easiest operating system out these. My job is marine electronics and spend a lot of time pushing buttons on all units. LH3 is a tablet based system that is the best we’ve ever had

Additionally, RealVision 3D has AHRS stabilization. While others have a version of 3D, go somewhere, even if it's a dealer or retailer and look at the difference in 3D.

I've said it many times in other posts...yes, Garmin has Panoptix, yes H'bird has 360 - never said that we have all things everything. What Raymarine does have is a very long history in the Saltwater market and some AWESOME technology and capabilities that we are marketing to freshwater at some great pricing.

As fishermen, I think that we sometimes get used to doing what we've always done with electronics. I use the analogy that I know a lot of people that got started fishing with an Ugly Stick and I doubt any of them have picked one up in 20+ years. My point is that there are freshwater alternatives to Lowrance, H'bird and Garmin for those willing to do some research.
    I know it’s getting cold in MN, but I’d be happy to put you in touch with someone up there to see the units first hand.

Curt Nowaskie
    Raymarine National Sales Manager, Retail
    Mobile: 603-809-5046
    Curt.Nowaskie@raymarine.com

4. Member
    In the fishing world EVERYTHING is a "game changer". So much so that it's lost it's meaning.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    In the fishing world EVERYTHING is a "game changer". So much so that it's lost it's meaning.
    yes game changer is used a lot has and always will be, however my intent is to learn more,Raymarine is a brand that is coming on in the freshwater market and worth taking note of. Been in the consumer marketing area for years and know todays consumer is better informed due to social media, knew would get answers on this site and as you can see I did. From my vantage point several companies that for years been leaders in the Saltwater market and see their move to the inland freshwater market. Which is good, competition creates better products and prices. A win win for consumers. Thanks Kry point well taken

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Was it Tommy's FB page?

What's unique about Axiom RealVision is that it has a QuadCore processor (think gaming speed fast) and it does everything with (1) transducer and NO MODULES in a 9" unit that retails for $1,650 (that includes a Navionics card). Yes others do Sonar and DownVision and SideVision and 3D, but all in (1) unit - for $1,650???

Also, LightHouse 3 software is hands down the easiest operating system out these. My job is marine electronics and spend a lot of time pushing buttons on all units. LH3 is a tablet based system that is the best we’ve ever had

Additionally, RealVision 3D has AHRS stabilization. While others have a version of 3D, go somewhere, even if it's a dealer or retailer and look at the difference in 3D.

I've said it many times in other posts...yes, Garmin has Panoptix, yes H'bird has 360 - never said that we have all things everything. What Raymarine does have is a very long history in the Saltwater market and some AWESOME technology and capabilities that we are marketing to freshwater at some great pricing.

As fishermen, I think that we sometimes get used to doing what we've always done with electronics. I use the analogy that I know a lot of people that got started fishing with an Ugly Stick and I doubt any of them have picked one up in 20+ years. My point is that there are freshwater alternatives to Lowrance, H'bird and Garmin for those willing to do some research.
    I know it’s getting cold in MN, but I’d be happy to put you in touch with someone up there to see the units first hand.

Curt Nowaskie
    Raymarine National Sales Manager, Retail
    Mobile: 603-809-5046
    Curt.Nowaskie@raymarine.com

Curt very good overview...appreciate it..and thanks for providing this for others to learn more about Raymarine....I certainly did.

7. Banned
    jig34, do you feel the Axiom's 3D holds any advantages over Navico's 3D when it comes to performance?

8. Member
    Absolutely - AHRS Gyro stabilization takes the “bounce” out and smooths the bottom image. Also doesn’t distort bottom images like unstabilized images when the boat rocks.

9. Banned
    oh, cool

do the elements float in the housing to achieve that, or is that software based?

10. Member
    Software. It understands the transducer position when it “pings” and compensated for any und and down movement. That’s obviously my oversimplified explainatuin - not engineering speak...

11. Banned
    got it

I see no real use for the 3d for me as a bass fisherman.. Maybe if I tried it. Maybe in winter fishing deep. Seems to be a toy to impress your friends. Cant say I have seen a pro use it.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    It sure lays out the bottom and structure for you, and just adds to your other views.

14. Member
    Why I ask questions:

Accurate. My priority is to know the truth, so I ask the questions in an attempt to validate the accuracy of what is learned. Also inquire about the trustworthiness of the source of information.

Sorry to those that find this offensive or as trying to cause trouble......

15. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    No problem here!! Best bet would be to get your hands on one and you’ll see for yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    I see no real use for the 3d for me as a bass fisherman.. Maybe if I tried it. Maybe in winter fishing deep. Seems to be a toy to impress your friends. Cant say I have seen a pro use it.
    I wasnt a big fan of 3d at all. Using it helped me isolate a grass line while back and led to catching fish that other guys werent. We were all in the back of a pocket that was "full of grass". It was only full of it because the standard imaging was showing it everywhere. The 3D did help a bunch. It was just by chance that I ran the 3D with Down.

Trust me...the "pros" dont tell people what they really are doing. They hold info as long as they can to get some sort of edge. I helped a very well known pro through a middle man use some features on Humminbird that isolated specific types of hard bottom. He didnt publicly talk about that at all for a full 2 years after he was using it. Plenty of money later too....and they werent going back to those lakes for a few years.