Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You're going to pass a bunch of good lakes in FL on your way to the Big O.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You're going to pass a bunch of good lakes in FL on your way to the Big O.
    What lakes? I'm not familiar with much in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by jt c View Post
    What lakes? I'm not familiar with much in Florida
    me too a friend wants to go to the big o, don't really want to go that far

4. Member
    Hey partner... you looking to stay a week, few days, a month? I always ask that question because it matters. For example: Folks get talked into going to lake O for a three day trip then get there with their boats and get overwhelmed. Kissimmee chain can be the same. Also, you want to shiner fish, plastics, etc? Moreover, looking for a guide? Drop me a line and I am more than willing to assist. If I were going to Florida in FEB and money was not a concern I would check out Bienville. Nice place to stay but you have to use their guides on the lakes and cannot bring your boat unless you get a lake lease. Bienville is similar to the places Bill Dance and others do their shows. Again, drop me a PM.

I just booked a week at the Bridgewater Inn in Matlacha' Florida , going second week of January .

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Hey partner... you looking to stay a week, few days, a month? I always ask that question because it matters. For example: Folks get talked into going to lake O for a three day trip then get there with their boats and get overwhelmed. Kissimmee chain can be the same. Also, you want to shiner fish, plastics, etc? Moreover, looking for a guide? Drop me a line and I am more than willing to assist. If I were going to Florida in FEB and money was not a concern I would check out Bienville. Nice place to stay but you have to use their guides on the lakes and cannot bring your boat unless you get a lake lease. Bienville is similar to the places Bill Dance and others do their shows. Again, drop me a PM.
    Thank ya sir! I am looking to spend about 3 or 4 days but am not looking to take a guide. Money is not a issue and I will want to bring my own boat

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    im staying right here and chasing BIG cold water smallies.
    Same here, only for big spotted bass 4-6 # deep, 40 to 60 feet.....
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

8. Member
    Kissimmee for a trophy, Okeechobee for numbers.

9. Member
    Thank ya sir! I am looking to spend about 3 or 4 days but am not looking to take a guide. Money is not a issue and I will want to bring my own boat
    Then I would take Tampa Jim's advice. What is great about the Kissimmee chain is all the lakes can fish different. You will not be stuck with one style of fishing. Of course the O can be fished many ways, but I like the K-chain because of the selection of lakes. You do not have to worry about running boat lanes in the grass, if you get a windy week you can find protection on the K-chain, and if you have desire to head out at night to do something you are closer to things.

Chickamauga in February!
    last few of years it has produced 40 plus pound bags (5 fish)

2014 One of the best local guides
    http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/4788#.Wjc5EJ82fck

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

11. ZO6
    If you could go to one lake in the south east to catch some good fish around February where would it be? Looking to go see some lakes I've never been to and to find some warmer weather also at that time of the year.
    Lake Moultrie (Russelville) upper Lake Marion if water isn't muddy from rain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12