Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    I didn't think roads could get much worse than AR
    You got that right! I just broke my second leaf spring last week.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

2. Member
    MotorMate!!
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

3. Member
    I’ve always used the lock n haul with great success.

ProRule is in my truck for a backup...

4. Member
    Seeing as I started this thread, I thought I should update it as well. I went with the MotorMate for the SHO. I struggled making this purchase due to the fact that I had the saver (Pro Rule) provided with the boat and felt as though if there was a better product Skeeter would/should have provided it. I also struggled with the price of the MotorMate. Admittedly, that’s probably still my struggle with the MM as I do believe it is pretty expensive for what it is. However, I’m satisfied with the MM. The outboard is solid as a rock now compared to the Pro Rule and no more clips to deal with.

5. Member
    I would be concerned about your steering, first. The problem the clips address is not moving back and forth, but having the motor fall over to one side since the hydraulic system is not perfect in terms of sealing. The clips stop that "lean" while towing. But if you can see the motor move from side to side while trailering, you really have some air in the system. What happens if you grab the rear of the motor and pull left to right? If you watch the steering cylinder and piston shaft, when you pull on the motor you should not see more than 1/8" of movement. More is a problem. A pretty big problem.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    I would be concerned about your steering, first. The problem the clips address is not moving back and forth, but having the motor fall over to one side since the hydraulic system is not perfect in terms of sealing. The clips stop that "lean" while towing. But if you can see the motor move from side to side while trailering, you really have some air in the system. What happens if you grab the rear of the motor and pull left to right? If you watch the steering cylinder and piston shaft, when you pull on the motor you should not see more than 1/8" of movement. More is a problem. A pretty big problem.
    That's the beauty of the MM.....theres virtually no movement either direction. The design doesn't allow the motor to move at all......very very little. I see much less side to side movement with MM than I did with the ProRule.
    Andy Cole
    2018 Skeeter FX21LE
    250 SHO VF250LA s/n 6CBL1017034

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    So, MotorMate eliminates the need for the steering clips on the Yammies?
    Yes. I've been using one since they first came out with them. Motor is locked down in place...no side/side movement at all.

8. Member
    Pro Rule == Junk

My dealer has seen several SHO's cracked where the Motormate hits the two bolts on the Outboard. I did use a motormate on my Skeeter and always loved it but am thinking I will try to Pro Rule just to avoid any issues. If I don't like it I'm going right back to the Motormate.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12