Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tournament shirts

Do you guys have a new shirt made every time you get a new sponsor ?

Thanks

No Sir, I normally just use a Sharpie and draw in the new sponsor logo. I've been giving some thought to ditching the shirt altogether and just getting sponsor tats all over my upper body. The only drawback would be the necessity to fish every tournament bareback.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    No Sir, I normally just use a Sharpie and draw in the new sponsor logo. I've been giving some thought to ditching the shirt altogether and just getting sponsor tats all over my upper body. The only drawback would be the necessity to fish every tournament bareback.
    what logo is the tramp stamp going to be?
    Last edited by Transom; 12-10-2017 at 07:19 PM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    what logo is the trano stamp going to be?
    Did you mean tramp stamp? I think the Bass Mafia Coffin would be appropriate.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    yep. Autocorrect strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I wont be able to get a tramp stamp until I get the "Thug Life" tat removed from my lower back...I got that one in 9th grade after we won the state mathletes competition. That is what started the competitive fire in me that has lead to a life of tournament fish'n.

I'm self sponsored .

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I'm self sponsored .
    I always wondered how you guys handled that...Do you have a picture of your face on your jersey or do you just print "SELF" on both sides of the shirt?

If you will simply use the washable markers, then you can keep the same shirt longer.

You lose a sponsor or they pony up some extra dough/supplies and they want their logo enlarged or moved....no problem!

I'm a big kid now!
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

10. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    I use a Velcro shirt. Easy on,...easy off. I'm pretty sure the touring pro's will be using the same thing in the next 3-5 years.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

11. Member
    I used to have a Toyota sponsor. My tournament shirt said A TOYOTA in huge letters across the back. I got a call once right as I was landing a really big fish from my sponsor complaining about my shirt. Seems I had accidentally put it on inside out and the logo was backward. Boy was I embarrassed.

12. Member
    I'm sponsored by my Mom. So I got an "M" tat on each butt cheek. I fish bottonless, when I bend over to land a fish everyone can see "MoM". Problem solved!
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

13. Member
    Along with a new shirt is the stress of coordinating a new matching hat and shoes. It just never ends!

14. Member
    A cruel bunch

Quote Originally Posted by bnewman046 View Post
    I'm sponsored by my Mom. So I got an "M" tat on each butt cheek. I fish bottonless, when I bend over to land a fish everyone can see "MoM". Problem solved!
    That's a great idea, because you could do a handstand every time you catch a big fish and it would say "WOW".

16. Member
    That's a great idea, because you could do a handstand every time you catch a big fish and it would say "WOW".
    Yea, me doing a handstand. Don't think that's going to work, unless someone wants to help me.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

17. Member
    The group I fish with does a new shirt at the beginning of the season. If a sponsor is added mid year they would be on next years shirt - assuming that they keep participating next year. They do get added to the website, newsletter, and are mentioned at the tournaments/meetings.

We don't have individual sponsors. The sponsors help support our group.

Quote Originally Posted by bnewman046 View Post
    Yea, me doing a handstand. Don't think that's going to work, unless someone wants to help me.
    Right...you would probably have a hard time recruiting helpers if you were standing there with your pants around your ankles...

I always wondered how you guys handled that...Do you have a picture of your face on your jersey or do you just print "SELF" on both sides of the shirt?
    Jackass on front , empty wallet on back .

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Jackass on front , empty wallet on back .
    ...I see that we share the same sponsors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast