Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar

Sometimes you think life sucks until you hear what other people deal with

Just heard that an aquaintance of mine passed away at 53 years old. He was the oldest of 4 kids and outlived them all. His parents both died young and never saw any of their grandkids. Vehicle problems, boat issues and politics all seem pretty trivial when you think about it.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

2. Member
    My buddy and i were just talking about this while fishing yesterday. One of us made some kind of small
    complaint that led to it. I have a roof over my head, a great family and dont worry about where my next meal will come from. I dont have the nicest and newest of anything but i have all the toys i could ask for. Even my bad days really arent that bad
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3. Member
    Good point. So many good people have it rough

4. Member
    Fishing friend of mine died at 52. He had gastric issues, was a vegetarian, had 5 street dogs he adopted. Went to the doctors they radiated him so much he couldn't swallow his own spit, misdiagnosed him said it as cancer of the esophagus. Later they found out was thyroid cancer but it was too late. He was on respirator and other life supports for about 6 months, and New Years Eve he told the doctors to unplug him.
    He told us, he didn't smoke, drink or do drugs and he ate healthy and he was going to die. He said "When I get to heaven God's got some explaining to do to me". He died early New Years Day.
    Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Fishing friend of mine died at 52. He had gastric issues, was a vegetarian, had 5 street dogs he adopted. Went to the doctors they radiated him so much he couldn't swallow his own spit, misdiagnosed him said it as cancer of the esophagus. Later they found out was thyroid cancer but it was too late. He was on respirator and other life supports for about 6 months, and New Years Eve he told the doctors to unplug him.
    He told us, he didn't smoke, drink or do drugs and he ate healthy and he was going to die. He said "When I get to heaven God's got some explaining to do to me". He died early New Years Day.
    Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense.
    It's all in God's plan, sometimes we don't need to try to make sense of it. He is in control.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I have serious vision problems that I was going to post about...but, somehow not quite as important now. I am almost 80 and healthy otherwise. Very grateful for the great years I have had.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Just heard that an aquaintance of mine passed away at 53 years old. He was the oldest of 4 kids and outlived them all. His parents both died young and never saw any of their grandkids. Vehicle problems, boat issues and politics all seem pretty trivial when you think about it.
    Just went to a funeral Friday...one of my room mates from college passed away from a massive heart attack from out of the blue. 51 years old. I'm still stunned. Wife and 2 kids still in high school.
    Dan Beck
    2013 Ranger Z119/SHO 200

8. Member
    I lost a classmate on 11/30 from a blood clot that went into her lungs, 47 years old. Makes you ponder your mortality and appreciate every day!

9. Member
    I thank God for everything I have and every day I get to enjoy it.

10. Member
    Helps keep things in perspective.

11. Moderator
    Had a lot of friends that I grew up pass away over the years. Just never know when your number is up.

12. Member
    You know, we as a people seem to want to B**** about something most of the time. But as for me, I thank God everyday for the blessings he bestows on me and my family every day. We eat when we're hungry, and sleep when we're tired. Doesn't get much better than that. A lot of the stuff we make out to be problems or major issues are just that....stuff. God, Family, and Friends. Not much else really matters.

13. Banned
    I’ve worked in 2 hurricane houses over the last month and both had minimal damage, but all they did was whine and cry about the other subs not showing up. Now keep in mind that many people here lost EVERYTHING!

I got so sick of one lady complaining that I told her, “you don’t have problems. I have a cousin that has a 2 year old with leukemia, I’m sure he’d gladly swap you problems”.

Sometimes you think life sucks until you hear what other people deal with

I say it all the time. I see what others go thru or put up with and thank God daily for the blessings in my life.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

15. Member
    Just this afternoon I visited a long time fishing buddy.....skip that.....APART from fishing a very dear friend.......in the hospital. Few months ago he was on vacation in Jersey and was permanently paralyzed in a bycicle accident. He is just recently "recovered" enough from the near death incident to have been brought back home to Oklahoma. Another surgery this past Friday and he AND his wife are facing an entirely new normal. I've lost friends and family in the past and do not for a minute minimize those types of losses. I left the hospital though with an entirely different perspective on my "problems".
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

16. Member
    My best friend's son has been in the hospital every year (at minimum once per year) for all 16 years of his life. Lots of health issues.
    Right now he's been in 30 plus days and counting...getting ready to be transferred to Cincinnati Children's Hosp.

MY problems are nothing compared to theirs and others.
    Life can change or end in an instant.

I can't even count the number of friends that have passed away, some very young.

I know a young man that is 5 years old, he weighs 40 lbs. He has BattleD brain cancer for 3 years. They removed a tumor, but it comes back, his time is limited.

The other one is a little girl she is 4 or 5, same deal Brain cancer. She spent months at St. Jude.

"I complained about how bad my feet hurt-----Until I met a man with no feet"

18. Member
    When I was growing up I was one of those that always thought all bad things happen to other people.Nothing like that ever happens to me or my family.Fast forward some years later after getting married having our first child,our daughter was diagnosed at the age of 8 of being insulin dependent type 1 diabetic.Just thinking about watching your child grow up taking shots for the rest of her life.That just about done me in.Fast forward another six years and we have another child,a boy.We found out later that evening he was down syndrome.Talking about taking the life out of you.I just kept thinking to myself why me.Fast forward 30 years now and things are great.My daughter is doing fantastic on the insulin pump with a great career and my son is the love and joy of my life.He fishes with me and loves football and basketball.He is 17 years old and has never been back in the hospital except for general checkups.So to the op yes there are times to where you think is my life really worth living until you get out into the real world and see people with much more problems than I have.I am telling you right now with a few prayers and gods help most of the problems that we think we have really are not that bad.
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

19. Member
    You absolutely get to choose how you perceive things.

It's the second Christmas without my wife of 25+ years.
    I'm adjusting well and stay very active. Life is good.
    Different for sure, but good and full of new explorations.

We are all very fortunate to live within modern societies.
    In countries which allow quite a bit of personal freedom.

If you aren't happy, there's only one person stopping it.
    Happy Holidays to Everyone!

20. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    As do many long timers on BBC I have stayed friends or at the least acquaintances with many that are no longer on here. Kelly Thompson AKA Crazy Elvis son Thomas has battled many issues since he was a wee lad. I can't help but think of the struggles he has endured and yet he still perseveres and most of the time with a smile on his face. Be thankful for what you have and where you are in life. Most of us can thank ourselves for how well or how bad we do in life because of our own good or bad decisions. Then there are those who get dealt a bad hand and just have to deal with it. Either way you can sit around dwell in your own pit of misery or be thankful for waking up another day!! GOD is GOOD!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast