Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    I have serious vision problems that I was going to post about...but, somehow not quite as important now. I am almost 80 and healthy otherwise. Very grateful for the great years I have had.
    Bless you, Lea! A positive attitude improves almost any situation.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

2. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    You absolutely get to choose how you perceive things.

It's the second Christmas without my wife of 25+ years.
    I'm adjusting well and stay very active. Life is good.
    Different for sure, but good and full of new explorations.

We are all very fortunate to live within modern societies.
    In countries which allow quite a bit of personal freedom.

If you aren't happy, there's only one person stopping it.
    Happy Holidays to Everyone!
    Very sorry to hear that Jim, hadn’t heard didn’t realize.

Our struggles in life don’t define us, but how we adapt to and overcome them does.

Happy Holidays to you as well

3. Member
    It's tempting to feel sorry for your lot in life when things don't add up to expectations. I have an occasional tough day at work at HD remembering the good life that slipped away during the 08 meltdown. I lost a job with great pay that allowed me to do more for myself and my kids. Partial disability has kept me from retuning now that the economy has opened opportunities again. I can still do everything I use to do but not on a full-time basis.

Then I will wait on customers who shame me back to reality. We have a regular customer who has no limbs from the waist down and another below his knees. Puts life in perspective. Disability is what you allow it to be.

4. Banned
    -

5. Member
    A group of us took my son out for his b'day yesterday. My wife and I were discussing this very thing on the way home. We will bury yet another family member next Saturday after all the college finals are done and everyone can be here. She was 92 and lived a good life sans the final 14 in a home. I wheeled my 74 year old mom into the restaurant in her new wheel chair. Last year she was walking all over the place. She has went down hill FAST, super depressed! I'm taking her to meet a new neurologist today.

Take the time to count your blessings. Life can change in an instant!

6. Member
    In June of 14, the wife and I were sitting in the airport in Anchorage, waiting to catch the shuttle bus to Whittier to get on a cruise ship heading south to Vancouver. A few feet away at another table sat 4 young men, probably in their 30's. Between the four, I think there were 2 legs, and not on the same person. I don't think there were 8 arms. My biggest regret was not walking over, thanking them for their service, and putting a 100 bucks on the table for their next coffee/visit outing. Made our life look pretty darn good.
    Last edited by oldblue; 12-11-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12