Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question Prop ?? before sending off.....

619 200 Merc w/24 Fury.....i'm about to ship it this week to get it worked.......i dont have any issues as it stands now...in summer time i can spin it close to max which is 5750 and i'm right at and under....i'd like to work it for speed in the summer time, dont care about winter.....so my thought right now it to get the 24 worked up to a 25.....does that sound right???? That is my guess but not sure what exactly to do.... On the Merc board, Don said to get it propped to 5750 (as close as can).....if i'm already close to that RPM does it make sense to repitch a prop up one notch?????

Help me understand what needs to be done....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    probably just adding some cup instead of re-pitching

dont know where you are sending it but if its going to Mark he will know what to do based on what you tell him it doing now
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

If you're already turning that I wouldn't get it re-pitched. If you do you'll lose a few hundred rpm' s and probably won't gain any speed. If a reputable they will know what to do. Getting it cleaned up and b&b may do some good.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ok, i using the wrong words to describe.....i have plans on sending it Brian @ Hole Shot Propeller....he was a sponsor on here and is not far from me....

Ok so adding cup is what i would want to do, correct???

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Ok, i using the wrong words to describe.....i have plans on sending it Brian @ Hole Shot Propeller....he was a sponsor on here and is not far from me....

Ok so adding cup is what i would want to do, correct???

Brian has the Fury's dialed in, he will know what to do with it, just provide him good info. He will prob add cup and play with the leading edge. End result will be a prop that will carry the load better, get the boat out of the water more and hook up better... which should result is similar rpm (less hull in water = easier to turn rpm) and better slip #'s which will increase speed a bit. B has done 2 Fury's for me and they are both rockets! Went 86 today in less than ideal conditions, and it also gets out of the hole fast for a 27p, 0-80 was 25 seconds

Key is giving him good honest info and he will dial you in
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

^^^^^^^^
    Jason

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    And that's why i'm asking......im a rookie at all this so i'd hate to say something that wouldnt work out ......

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the best thing for any prop guy is to give him good accurate info on what its doing now, Max RPMs at WOT and at what speed and P2p height and what you would like it to do, they can usually give advice from there
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'm in the process of finishing up the list to send everything off tomorrow....

thanks for the info and i'll update after i get everything back.....

Jason

11. Member
    Hate to hijack the post but when running a hydraulic jackplate should i try to figure out where i am on the plate to get my wot p2p?
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Hate to hijack the post but when running a hydraulic jackplate should i try to figure out where i am on the plate to get my wot p2p?
    When I had a hydro I took the time to measure P2P and mark the plate every 1" so when I found where a particular prop ran best I could easily go back to that spot.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    defiantly find that spot it runs the best and mark it or check number on the gauge if you have one then go home and measure P2P, it will be running at a different height after you get it back, I have 2 of the same props both blueprinted for different purposes and one runs 1" higher than the other
    info@drewcraft.com

14. Member
    I can get mine fully trimmed out and find tge sweet spot on the plate. Its turning 5750 at the sweet spot. If i continue to raise the plate i can gain rpm's but lose speed. Assuming mine needs a good cleaning and probably a bit of cup added also
    They aint got hands, set the hook