Some POSITIVE & historic football news!

What's up everybody? Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the holiday season. I should posted this a few days ago but last week was pretty hectic and I just wasn't able to get on here much at all. So here's the news!

Last Sunday in the Mississippi Bowl, my Alma mater the East Mississippi Community College Lions won the national juco football championship. Why is this historic? Because it was their 4th national title!!! In fact, they have won the title four of the last six years! They now stand alone as the junior college with the most national championships. Before the game they were tied with another MS juco, Northwest Community College, for the most titles at 3. Northwest won the title once in the 80's, once in the 90's, and again in 2015.

Another bit of positive news, in the final 2017 national poll, Mississippi had 5 teams in the top 20! They are:
    1. East Mississippi
    7. Northwest
    9. Jones County
    10. Itawamba
    11. Hinds
    Holmes received some votes but barely missed the top 20 ranking.

I know that we all love our SEC teams, the Lord knows I love to holler ROLL TIDE, but gang these are some awesome teams as well. And if you want to watch some truly brutal all out hitting, there is NO better place to see it than MS JUCO football. Trust me, I know because I played for a year when I was at EMCC and yes I delivered a lot of hits myself but I got my hind end absolutely RACKED several times as well.

So when the 2018 football season rolls around, give these guys a chance a go enjoy a game. You won't regret it. Not only will you see some great football but also some really good band programs and some of the nicest folks you will meet in the staffs at these colleges. They truly appreciate it and remember these institutions help a lot of folks get trained for good jobs when they can't afford to go to a bigger university.

One last thing as well in case you might be wondering, of the 57 players on EMCC'S team, all but 7 were from here in the state of Mississippi. Whereas, of the 63 players on Western Arizona, the team they beat for the title, only 8 players were actually from the state of Arizona. So yes you get to see home grown talent when you go to a MS Juco ballgame!
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

2. Member
    Not much ever happens at NECC where I live,but I am glad when Mississippi is on top of anything! Except unemployment and the likes. Heck I even pull for Ole Miss when not playing MSU! Now Alabama,that's just to far for me. Too many family members over there.ha