Don can you help verify - Impeller replacement kit pn# change 3.0 L Pro XS 200 HP ?

model # 1200P73EY
    serial# 1B865951 3L 200 HP Pro XS

Picked up a Water pump Impeller kit part number 47-8M0100526 was told this uses a different lower gasket but is the correct kit. The kit # I usually get is 47-43026Q06. Instruction's with kit show this part# as a newer style with different lower gasket (narrower metal type) vs full gasket material type. According to everything I seen this is a correct replacement, the reason I question the O-rings in this kit are too small for my water tube coupling. Realizing this kit fits multiple applications I thought the old part number came with the correct O-rings. Can anyone shed light on this ? Is this truly the right kit but doesn't include the correct O-rings? Thanks in advanced. Also is it necessary to add sealant to the filler block?
    Bill
    Last edited by bigsky; 12-11-2017 at 10:49 AM.

2. Member
    After speaking with Mercury they said I was sold the wrong part #, even though some of the parts are the same o-rings are different.
    Also can someone tell me if it is necessary to add a bead of sealant (RTV) to the divider block when reinstalling the lower unit after water pump change on this motor?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    43026Q06 was replaced by the new Part Number 8M0100526.

Either IS acceptable for use on your engine. Most commonly the o-ring for the PUMP end of the connector tube is included in the kit.

There are several different kits available- this one is the best value, provided you do not need the stainless housing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks Don
    So it is ok to use the new type lower (metal) gasket, or is it better to use the older gasket material style ? Also is it common practice to use a sealant (rtv) on the filler /divider plate for this motor when replacing the water pump ? Thanks again Don appreciate you taking time to look these up for me .

5. Member
    If it were my engine, I'd use the most current kit and in regards to high temp sealant, use it every time (I do on my 2.5L).
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Perfectly fine to use the newer metal-style gasket. Utilize Perfect Seal on the gearcase side REGARDLESS of which gasket you use.

Always a good idea to seal the divider with a bead of silicone (that rubber block tends to shrink considerably over time).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor