ok boys whatta you say?

Allright guys I am having a very tough time figuring which seats to get for my 2006 stratos 176 XT. It is currently in storage and I would like to replace seats in the spring but they come in 3 different sizes. Boat is in storage 100 miles north of me. so, does anyone know which seat kit I should get from bassboat seats .com

thanks in advance

PBR

2. Banned
    I'd post over on the Stratos Page also... Dan

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52

3. Member
    I took my Stratos seats to a shop here in town and had them reupholstered. The material is much thicker than BassBoatSeats and of course, they fit perfect. It keeps local craftsmen in business, supports small businesses.
    I have installed BassBoatSeats, they are fairly well made (China), but sometimes getting them to fit properly is darn difficult due to different boat seat angles, underseat shelf dimensions and storage compartments and console clearance issues due to different seat heights.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I second getting them reupholstered, I bought a set from bassboatseats.com and even though they looked nice I found them to be very narrow and uncomfortable and just didnt fit right , I sent them back and took my original seats in to an upholstery shop and im very happy I did.

5. Member
    ok I am open to that how do I just go to any marine upholsterer???

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aikido View Post
    ok I am open to that how do I just go to any marine upholsterer???
    If your friends don't know any, ask at a marina or visit some and ask to see some of their previous work.

7. Member
    A buddy of mine had a stratos and replace his seats with Blazer Boats bucket seats. Not the newer seats but the ones in the late 90s and 2000s year models. Looked and fit great.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

8. Moderator
    Sent mine to a local shop to be done. Better materials and better quality work than originals.

I like the reupholster idea but just to give you another point of view I put this set in a '93 Stratos 285 Pro XL which I believe is similar in width to yours and I was very happy with them! They were great quality, comfortable and there was enough room between there for the narrower BassCat center console box too.

https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...ass-boat-seats
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I have the Bassboatseats in my Ranger for going on 6 yrs now they are the older style and still look great and are still comfortable didn't sink in as seats usually do, I had 2 buddies bring theres to a shop and both are regretting now the padding isn't stiff enough you feel the bottom on hard bounce and they look like there were not stretched enough and stuff. I have under seat storage also and it was not a problem to make them adapt.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

11. Member
    Definitely get them recovered. Nothing like the OG seats IMO.

12. Member
    I'm fixing to order some from bassboatseats and I'm going with the 20" wide I've got a 171/2' Javelin and I've got a center storage/step and the 22" seats are about a inch to wide.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    I'm fixing to order some from bassboatseats and I'm going with the 20" wide I've got a 171/2' Javelin and I've got a center storage/step and the 22" seats are about a inch to wide.
    You will just have to trim a little, that's all...46463 × 224 - amazon.com

× 224 - amazon.com