A little rant from a faithful customer

A co-angler in a tournament put his bait into my Helix 12 SI G2N, and it scratched the glass on the display. It actually didn't affect the picture, but since it was my last tournament of the season, I decided to send it in for repair. After researching on here about what it would cost to replace the display, I found posts where people said HB charged $250-300, even though their flat rate for repair is $400 and change. I spoke to HB and they said the $400 price is in case there is more damage that's described, but if my glass is all that's needed to be replaced it may be less. Well I get my unit back, $433.50 charge after taxes, plus the $30 it cost me to ship to them, so you're looking at $460 to repair. The repair sheet they sent with it says they replaced the front plate, which I'm assuming has the glass built in so it was necessary.

I take it out on the water yesterday, and the unit is a mess. In the SI/Chart combo I cannot use the short cut menu while the tab is on SI. It's starts to glitch and gives either static display or a double display. When I'm on the SI/Sonar/Chart view, there is a big static line across the screen. I sent HB an email to see what they can do, but I'm going to be very very upset if they make me pay return shipping to fix the problem. The unit was in better shape with the scratch on the glass.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

2. Member
    If they don't offer, ask them to email you a prepaid label. Sorry for your misfortune but I am sure they will take care of everything. I would call and talk with them. It always goes faster with no misconceptions than an email. Bob

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Have you called and asked what they will do for you. Try that, you might be surprised at what type of help you receive.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    After you get your boot out from your co-anglers pants...

Call HB C/S and have your repair order with you - kindly explain the situation and that you are displeased, they will take care of you.

I've heard of folks getting a new replacement before....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/